Trout has gingivitis

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we went to her new vet for the first time here in Ottawa yesterday. He was very gentle and Trout behaved perfectly. Didn't even flinch when he probed her and gave her the shot.

She is in perfect health, except for some gingivitis on her big back molars. He said its fairly common. So I got some antibacterial stuff to put on them and see if it clears it up.

This should be funny...me trying to brush Trouts teeth?
Anyone care for me to video tape it?

Anyway, all in all, my baby is healthy as an ox

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I suggest you play some video for her beforehand....so she can have the benefit of a purrrrfect role model.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I jammed my fingers in her mouth last night, and she didn't seem to mind. Maybe she is a weirdo...well I'm certain she is actually. I'm pretty sure I was too scared and got it on the wrong part of her gums though
Will try again tonight :|

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well, I jammed my fingers in her mouth last night, and she didn't seem to mind. Maybe she is a weirdo...well I'm certain she is actually. I'm pretty sure I was too scared and got it on the wrong part of her gums though
Will try again tonight :|
How is Trout reacting now?
Ben loves to have his teeth brushed. Lucky doesn't like it but will sit through it. Molly & Cello wiggle their way out. Good Luck to you. It isn't easy if they don't like it.