Tripod has to have surgery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

So what was the "growth" on his paw???
I hope you are spoiling him!!! Bobber got her stitches out yesterday-I really have to find a good treat for her!!
Oh my Goodness, Gail, I just did a search to find out about Bobber because I totally missed everything! Your poor baby! I am so very glad they got it all! Prayers for a swift and total recovery!

Tri's was thought to be an extra pad on his good foot. It grew and I brought him in a few months ago, but the vet said it was harmless and did not recommend doing anything unless it bothered him. It grew and started looking like a raspberry. It bled Saturday night. I brought him back to the vet and this time he called it a tumor, but still maintained that I did not need to get it biopsied.

Spoiling him? Um... of course, except he doesn't see it that way when I clean around his stitches. They come out in 7 days though. We snuggled a lot yesterday and I loved e very second of it.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

that all went well! Did he gorge himself once he got home?
Sounds like you know Tripod! Believe it or not though, no! They told me to wait until 1:00. At that time I fed him, but he was still too high to eat.
He kept picking up the food and putting it back down, like he couldn't quite figure out how to chew. He drank some water a little later, but "paddled" around his water dish with his little stumpy front leg, like he was pretending to swim. He seems back to normal this morning. Whew.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ConsumerKitty

I just found this thread and I'm glad Tripod is ok! I'm sure your sweet Snook-ums will get plenty of love and treats to make up for everything.
Thanks! I'm still making up to him and feel guilty for having to go to work!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your support! What a relief that this is over. Your thoughts, prayers, and comments helped a lot!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he have to have antibiotics???? Bobber still is leary when I approach her as the pills stopped last friday. Hoping he doesn't pick at his stitches and continues to be spoiled.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Does he have to have antibiotics???? Bobber still is leary when I approach her as the pills stopped last friday. Hoping he doesn't pick at his stitches and continues to be spoiled.
No, and I was kind of suprised about that, but I think its because the base of it (where it was attached) was the smallest part. The incision is probably very shallow. I am keeping a close eye on it though. He definately doesn't need an infection in his only good foot.