Tried To Save A Robin But It Had Two Broken Legs

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Deb and I not only love cats but ALL of God's little creatures, and many times have taken birds or mice or whatever to animal rescue places to get helped, regular vets will not touch them but these wildlife rescue places will. We used to have one right in Emmaus but it closed years ago, it is very hard to fund them so we now either have to see if a woman who works at one is on the road and can meet us or take them to one almost an hour away like last night. I came home, and right there was a young robin on the ground with it's wings out, and as I walked towards it it tried to escape by flying very low to the ground, I didn't know if it was injured or just a young one learning to fly, and it did fly into a small shrub but I noticed it couldn't balance on a branch and that it's back tail was up in the air. After awhile of chasing it around several yards I finally got it into a small cat carrier and we took it to the wildlife center but the poor thing had two broken legs, not just broken but almost off, they just dangled and she said she couldn't fix that, she had to put it down. Deb and I's hearts sunk, we gave them a donation, they thanked us for bringing it in, but we felt so heartsick last night and even this morning when I was driving to work I knew that we did the right thing and helped it but I looked up at a picture of Jesus that I have clipped on my visor with a Guardian Angel clip, and I have gotten these "messages" many times over the years, mental conversations, sometimes images, my mom gets them and my Nana REALLY used to get them, and this mental conversation said "I put it in your yard because you knew what to do and would help", and I looked at the picture and said "I wish I could have healed it" and I swear on the Bible to you the reply I got mentally was "I did", and after that I felt better. I don't know if you believe or agree with what I just said, but there are far too many instances where things like this have happened, so I know it is the real thing, plus he could heal it and it is whole again and flying in Heaven, if we didn't take it who knows what a horrible ending to it's life it would have had as we do have strays around at night because we have found little finches with their heads off the last few months, I couldn't help them but at least I could help this little robin.

Fly in Heaven little one :rbheart: :angel:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am sorry. You did the right thing. :hugs:

(And it sounds like the little guy is flying freely now.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry you head to deal with this, but I agree you absolutely did the right thing. :hugs: