Tribute To Amber and Lava Girl

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are just no words that I can think of that could possibly make you feel any better right now, or could express the depth of sympathy I have for you and your family. Though I did not know Amber quite as well as others on the board, her spirit and spunk always impressed me. Kaelyn is beautiful, truly.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey John, hope you were able to sleep. Get some legal advice before you sign the certificate. See if there's any legal people at the hospital who can advise you. Otherwise there's free legal advice numbers you can ring.

Unfortunately, Stan is biologically the father. If he wants Kaelyn and wants to take it to court, I'm not sure what would happen.

If it comes to it, reason with him and ask if he really wants to be the full time dad of a baby? I doubt he will. Let him know he and his family will absolutely be allowed to visit the baby.

As for Lily - give her a chance. Cats aren't silly. She knows Amber's her mum, but she'll also realise before too long that you're the one taing care of her needs. She won't do any better in any other home, so you might as well do what you can for her, and evaluate it in 6 months time.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The following is more a tribute to John and his future as Kaelyn's father.

~ When God Made Fathers ~

When the good Lord was creating Fathers,
he started with a tall frame.

A female angel nearby said, "What kind of a Father is that? If you're going to make children so close to the ground, why have you put the Father up so high? He won't be able to shoot marbles without kneeling, tuck a child in bed without bending, or even kiss a child without stooping"

God smiled and said, "Yes, but if I make him child size, who would children have to look up to?"

And when God made a Father's hands, they were large. The angel shook her head and said,"Large hands can't manage diaper pins, small buttons, rubber bands on pony tails, or even remove splinters caused from baseball bats."

Again God smiled and said, "I know, but they're large enough to hold everything a small [girl] empties from [her] pockets, yet small enough to cup a child's face in them."

Then God molded long slim legs and broad shoulders, "Do you realize you just made a Father without a lap?" The angel chuckled.

God said, "A Mother needs a lap. A Father needs strong shoulders to pull a sled, to balance a [daughter on], or to hold a sleepy head on the way home from the circus."

When God was in the middle of creating the biggest feet any one had ever seen, the angel could not contain herself any longer. "That's not fair. Do you honestly think those feet are going to get out of bed early in the morning when the baby cries, or walk through a birthday party without crushing one or two of the guests?"

God again smiled and said, "They will work. You will see. They will support a small child who wants to ride to Branbury Cross or scare mice away from a summer cabin, [or a daughter who wants to dance on her daddy's feet] or display shoes that will be a challenge to fill." God worked throughout the night, giving the Father few words, but a firm authoritative voice; eyes that see everything, but remain calm and tolerant.

Finally, almost as an after thought, He added tears. Then he turned to the angel and said, "Now are you satisfied he can love as much as a Mother can?"

The angel said nothing more.

Author: Erma Bombeck
[edits by twstychik]
John, your little girl needs you more than you know and Stan will never love her like you do.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

She looks so healthy! Even for being a month early... I only hope she knows how much love is coming from all of us!
she really does! such a big, pretty girl! she has lots of loving family around her, & friends all over the world.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

The following is more a tribute to John and his future as Kaelyn's father.

John, your little girl needs you more than you know and Stan will never love her like you do.
That's a beautiful piece, and never a truer word spoken.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

The animals arent even acting normal. Nazumi is actually not getting into anything. No playing has gone on at all. I guess they notice their mom is gone. Now what should I do with Lily.
Originally Posted by GingersMom

With regard to Lily, I would start by talking softly to her, with Amber in your mind, tell her what happened as best as you can and apologize to her. Ask her to please let you be there for her in Amber's place - she just might let you once she understands what has happened.
Keep some things that you know still have Amber's smell, don't wash them, and give them to Lily to have. Later, when you can, try giving her a baby blanket that you have swaddled Lava Girl with - because her smell should be similar to Amber's and that may help her.

Originally Posted by sarahp

As for Lily - give her a chance. Cats aren't silly. She knows Amber's her mum, but she'll also realise before too long that you're the one taking care of her needs. She won't do any better in any other home, so you might as well do what you can for her, and evaluate it in 6 months time.

tell the animals what has happened. i think they understand more than we give them credit for. i know when you explain to Lily you'll probably cry, but that's ok. i cried when i told Pixel & Cable about Mouse, but they both were so much better afterward, i know they understood me.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in shock. Poor John and the sweet baby! Amber, we will miss you greatly! God bless you and keep you safe and watch over John and the baby!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am late here, I guess, but wanted to add my sympathies. That's a beautiful baby there, John. How terrible that her precious life had to start with a tragedy.

I agree about seeking legal advice before signing the papers. At the very least look up the laws in your state and read up about them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the world you beautiful little angel. Your mom was a wonderful, sweet, caring person who loved you more than you know. She will be sadly missed here, and you are in our thoughts and prayers. She went through so much, and John has always been there for her..he is a wonderful guy and he loves you so much.

RIP to your momma, we loved her.

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
John you have a gorgeous baby there to swoddle and spoil. I am so so sorry about Amber, but she is watching over you and lava girl. She will be missed greatly and was a sweet wonderful woman. I am sure lava girl will be that wich carries on Amber's grace and spirit. We are all here for you hun.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
What a beautiful little angel.
John those pictures of Amber are great, what a wonderful person she was.
The animals will all come around in time, they are grieving just like you.
You will be a wonderful father to them now, aswell as Lava Girl. Amber will be so proud of you, Im sure she is looking down right now

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Thanks! That was one of John's points. He keeps telling me about everything (not just getting married) that life is to short and you never know when your gonna die so you might as well live life to the fullest while youve got it. Not to be afraid to try or do anything.

Thank you!
I found a post by Amber and wanted to quote it. I hope I don't offend anyone by this.
I can't imagine anyone would be offended. It's a beautiful quote and so fitting. Amber obviously loved life and loved John.

And she loves her beautiful baby girl. And of course the animals miss her.

Laurie

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I can't imagine anyone would be offended. It's a beautiful quote and so fitting. Amber obviously loved life and loved John.

And she loves her beautiful baby girl. And of course the animals miss her.

Laurie
That Amber quote just gave me chills. Its so true. Poor Amber.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have the strength right now to write something of my own, so I'll borrow from Vince Gill with a few changes.

I know your life on earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain

Go rest high on that mountain
Girl your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a-shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son

Oh how we cried that day you left us
And gathered 'round your grave to grieve
Wish I could see the angel's faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing

Go rest high on that mountain
Girl your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a-shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

John,

If it makes you feel any better, know this....all the bridge babies now have a new and wonderful angel looking after them.

Also know that your baby has many, many wonderful god mommies and daddies watching over her.
That right now is the only good thing about this, I know that Amber is over at the bridge playing with everybodys animals that are over there too. And I know that they are just loving her like we did.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
All your contributions are beautiful guys. I'm sure Amber is looking down at everyone and smiling