Treats

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What are some of your cats favorite treats? I have been surfing some cat product sites and noticed you can get some great organic and wholesome treats, but wow!, what a price! My snacks don't cost that much! Any experiences? Are those real freeze dried meat and/or fish treats worth it? Do your cats like anything weird (like potato chips, ice cream, cake, vegtables, whatever...)?

Astrid prefers her Temptations hairball treats to her much more expensive and healthy Albacore crunchy treats (figures
). How often do you give your cats treats?

I like to reward her for being a good girl when she is being especially adorable and not biting or hiding. I just don't want to give her too many too often.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Mother Hubbard's were pretty good, but the local store discontinued them. They were a good blend of decent ingredients and decent price.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We feed our babies quality cat food so I don't mind giving them the Temptations treats. Mika sits on the mat and begs for hers - Bijou just hangs out beside her knowing he'll get his without begging.

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats are raw fed, so I don't like to give too many treats, since most of them are all processed and full of garbage. When I do give them treats, maybe like a once a week, I give them dehydrated rabbit feet and Snack 21 salmon treats. That's about it.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately mine are getting just plain ole dry whiskas. They are used to higher quality food and to them it is a treat. I musta got a free bag, through coupons or something and it's not something I want to feed constantly. They each get a few a day. It's helping Suzie come out of her shell. Rocky doesn't really eat the treats that often.
I was feeding kookanumba cat nip treats and they "broke in" to the package. I rehomed it in a container and somehow they figured that out too.

I also sometimes feed some hairball treats. Suzie isn't much for being groomed and zakk is succeptable to them. I have friskies brand right now, and I have a can of pounce ones waiting. I also feed them feline greenies once in awhile.. I got a ton of freebies before.

xandlyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine love temptations. As soon as I get the bag out and shake it no matter where the cats are in the house they'll come flying in.

In fact my girl got out one time and I was unable to find her. So I took the bag of treats outside, gave it a shake and what do you know...the she was meowing for her treat on the other side of the fence. I guess treats are her cat call.

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We give them Mother Hubbard treats. All natural, good ingredients, and the kitties like them. I just got a jar of dehydrated tuna treats, but only Nathan likes them. Nedicks sniffs them and runs away. And Nathan goes nuts for Kitty Kaviar.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got my cats some Temptation treats. I hadn't gotten treats for them in a long time because I thought one of them had problems related to diet and it turned out to be stress instead. One cat loved them the other one, the one who had always seemed to be able and willing to eat anything, didn't seem to thrilled. The next time I'm at the store I'll pick up something else and see if she likes that. I didn't think I would find anything that she didn't care for.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

I just got my cats some Temptation treats. I hadn't gotten treats for them in a long time because I thought one of them had problems related to diet and it turned out to be stress instead. One cat loved them the other one, the one who had always seemed to be able and willing to eat anything, didn't seem to thrilled. The next time I'm at the store I'll pick up something else and see if she likes that. I didn't think I would find anything that she didn't care for.
It might depend on what flavour you got. Mika loves the chicken flavoured ones and Bijou prefers the beef flavour. They both love the dairy flavour.

krissie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Temptations pass as kitty crack around here. Miss Arizona will now come running and squawking and frantically showing off her ability to "sit" like a good little girl if she thinks she hears anything sort of like a foil bag rustling.

Baby food is always a big hit, too.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Feline greenies. I have to store them in the fridge so Miss Viola can't get her paws on them. Now everytime I open the fridge and remove anything in paper she comes running.

psy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine only like Whiskas Temptations and Monkey loves greenies so thats what they get it makes them happy and I limit how many they have.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pudge loves Feline Greenies, Shrimp Nip (and fresh cooked shrimp), and freeze-dried meats. She also loves Kitty Kaviar very, very much.

As I store her catnip and treats in a drawer, opening most drawers in the house causes Pudge to teleport next to me and run around my feet in circles while meowing and looking up expectantly.

As she knows the freezer=magical juicy shrimp paradise (and yummy chicken wings and organs), she now teleports at my feet when I open the fridge as well.