Treats in a Squeeze Package

travel dude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Long time cat owner, however, have not used treats in a squeeze type package.

1. Are they healthy for my little ones?
2. If so, what’s a good brand?
3. Do they promote tarter?

Thanks

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are treats - so it means they are not intended to be used as a replacement to meals. I don't think they promote/prevent tartar any more than any other food. Here are the ones I use (mostly for giving meds) - Churu, Vitakraft Lap-n-Lick, Tiki Cat Stix, Temptations Puree, Fussie Cat, Catit, Delectables Squeeze Ups.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat LOVES the Delectables. It’s the only way I was able to train her on her inhaler. She gets one twice a day, after she takes the inhaler. The vet says it’s ok to give her the treats as a reward. Of course, in Tessa’s case getting her to use the inhaler is critical. So the pros definitely outweigh any cons.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried many different kinds of treats and many types of squeeze tube treats including;
treat meow squeeze and thank you,
delectables,
Churu,
Temptations purreee,
Fancy feast..
Unfortunately my kitty won't touch any of them.. I wish she would. It literally makes me sad.. Like I just wanna give my girl treats.. 😔 😔 lol anyway I'm here for the suggestions of any I might not have tried yet

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have tried many different kinds of treats and many types of squeeze tube treats including;
delectables,
Churu,
Temptations purreee,
Fancy feast..
Unfortunately my kitty won't touch any of them.. I wish she would. It literally makes me sad.. Like I just wanna give my girl treats.. 😔 😔 lol anyway I'm here for the suggestions of any I might not have tried yet
Oh I understand that feeling, just wanting to give them a treat 💗 For the longest time, Tessa wouldn’t eat treats - of any kind. One day I offered her a Temptations crunchy Backyard BBQ flavor, and she loved it!! I was sooooo happy.
Tessa is incredibly particular. She didn’t like TikiStix but she loves Delectables. As long as they’re her preferred flavor. 🤦🏼‍♀️

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
delectables,
Churu,
Temptations purreee,
Fancy feast..
I had the opposite problem with Julian! While Sadie will eat any treat she's given (freeze dried, the rare crunchy treat here or there, or lickable) Julian wouldn't touch any of them. I finally tried Tiki Cat and he liked it!! So I buy Churu for Sadie, and Tiki Cat for Julian. 😊❤
We started using freeze dried and lickable treats more often to try and watch calorie intake for Sadie (steroids long term have done a number on her princess waistline lol) and our GA cat Nico had diabetes. We just stuck with them because of the carb content. Tbh I haven't seen any issues one way or the other with tartar control. But they do have some lickables out there for both hairball and tartar.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use the Hartz Squeeze Ups and their Delectables bisque recipes. I also use the Tiny Tiger lickable pouches. I've tried other more popular brands, but they turned their noses up at them. I use these as after medication rewards. I agree with what others are saying for tartar and rewards.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I generally use them when someone isn't eating after something major, like moving apartments, coming back from the vet, etc.

Make sure you read ingredients though. Some labeled chicken have fish products added, and some labeled fish have chicken products added. I have to keep 2 brands because 1 cat can't have fish, the other can't have chicken.
🤷‍♀️

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have given Indy the perfomatrin scallops and chicken puree before. I don't give her the lickables very often since they seem to sometimes not sit well reguardless of which one I give her. Most treats upset her stomach actualy.