Treats for Cats on a Prescrip Renal Diet?

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat loves Temptations Treats. But today she started being eased onto her BLAND Royal Canin wet/dry diet for renal ckd.
She is rippin' mad at me! Going around honkin' like a goose which is her way of telling me she is mad!
I realized I could always boil pieces of chicken, but
Anyone have a manufactured treat for cats on a renal diet that you have used and your cat likes?

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If your cat likes purée treats the Temptations purées are all .51% or lower in phosphorus on a dry matter basis. When my cat is being picky I mix her prescription dry food in with the purées and she eats it up!

I also crush up the regular Temptations as a topper when needed. Not the greatest, but if they get her to eat it’s a win.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She won;t touch the lickable treats, but I surely will try the topper crumble. I just gave her her dinner..half on one side was her usual Purina essentials and a little bit of the Royal Canin prescription to the side of it. She turned to drink some water and I took a spoon and pushed the Royal Canin real close to the Purina and she started crying! Wouldn't touch the dish. Just cried. She's now sitting on my bed watching Cat TV happy as a clam!...a very hungry clam. I put out a mix of her old dry food brand and the RC Prescroip Dry and will let her eat that if she is hungry during the night. She was used to free feeding at the shelter and will only eat in increments.THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo Hoo!!!! She just ate her dinner like there was no tomorrow with that little trick of a bit of crumb topping ! Thanks so much for that invaluable tip Twyla'sMom!