Traveling With Very Pregnant Cat Or With Newborn Kittens... Help!!!!

Catmommy2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so I have a pregnant cat who should have her babies anytime now. Today my dad called me up saying I might have to look after his house and pets for five days while he and my siblings go on vacation. I reluctantly said that I would if I absolutely have to go, he doesn't know for sure yet (One of my siblings might end up staying I hope!).

He lives 45 minutes away, and he can't get anyone else to look after his house/pets and he refuses to pay anyone....he's cheap... So I'm wondering how I can travel to his house with a pregnant cat with minimal stress, and she may have her babies by then so I kinda need help with both... No one can stay here and quite frankly I don't want her be without me when she has them. So I have to bring her, I'm just worried she'll be stressed out and that it'll cause complications... So I really need advice....please.

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Put her in a carrier with a blanket lining the bottom and another covering it.
She'll be okay! Promise.
And if she has the babies, just drive real carefully :wink:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good advise! I agree that she will be fine. If she has the babies before you go, take everyone.

Bring her food, water, and litter box, and close mom with these items in the bedroom you will sleep in. :)