Traveling with my cat

renne stone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone this will be the first trip on a plane for my cat. My family and I are, heading to San Francisco  to visit some old friends from high school, and we want to attend to some events of costume pets. We are taking a shuttle to lax  to get to SF because they accept animals in the car, but we are not sure if a similar service in SF.

So if any of you have a service that can recommend us we will appreciate it. We already have an idea where to go, but we want to make a good schedule. Are there any other places where we can visit without any problem of our crazy cat? 

We are staying there for one week, so we have time visit good places  without any problem. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, is the cat you just posted about in the kitten thread? If so, it sounds like he may be too young and still recovering from a rough start. I would advise you to hold off on traveling with him for now. He should be fully vaccinated and neutered before he travels. Also, you will want to lots of practicing with him on a harness before you travel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renne stone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! yes, thank you for your quick response, actually it is that kittie, so you recommend not to travel with him? I gonna have to wait a little more to get him with me :/ because the plan is to take a plane. I'm going to the veterinarian today. Hope I can make him be more happy than he was over there.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely. I posted more on your other thread but I think he's much too young.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Most cats don't appreciate travel the way dogs (or some dogs) do. I think leaving him with a pet sitter is better. Traveling with a cat when you move to another place can be done but I don't think your cat will enjoy a pet parade of any kind. It can be very stressful for him.

Also, like @talkingpeanut  said, he may be too young (I'm not sure what age?) I would definitely not take a kitten anywhere until he's finished the full course of vaccinations kittens need.

rufus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in a converted minibus full-time with my cat. He experience d travelling from 8 weeks, now he is 12 weeks and has just 'got it'