Traumatized kitten met a Roomba. How do I help calm her?

lilkittyfam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The floors were kinda dirty so I thought I'd turn on the Roomba and let it clean a little for me. Well my little 4 month old Anna wasn't exactly thrilled and kinda followed it around suspiciously. Ever since I let it run though she's been a little jumpy and flinches if she's pet off guard. She's also losing teeth and my I had to take her to the vet for some dewormer last week so she's been through a lot this past little while. My hubby and I set up her carrier as a safe space and she still seems to prefer cuddles with us to that so I'm sure she'll be okay but is there much I can do to help her calm down? She's going back to the vet this Friday for a rabies vaccination and I don't want her to have to go there already stressed out

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Poor thing!  Cuddles and quiet is probably the way to go.  How is she doing today?

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you attach a toy to the Roomba so she views it as entertainment? Sounds like it's just been a rough week for her. Poor girl!

Make sure you use a normal voice when she's scared, and don't comfort her. If you act like something's wrong, she'll think something's wrong. If she's acting scared of the roomba, can you pick her up (calmly) and walk to another room where she'll feel safe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkittyfam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The toy idea worked like a charm. She runs up when its charging now to try to make it play. She's back to her playful self. Tomorrow is the scary vet visit but we're bringing her today so she can play and get cuddles from the staff without the stress of shots or exams :D

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The toy idea worked like a charm. She runs up when its charging now to try to make it play. She's back to her playful self. Tomorrow is the scary vet visit but we're bringing her today so she can play and get cuddles from the staff without the stress of shots or exams
That's amazing! I'm so happy she loves it now!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
The toy idea worked like a charm. She runs up when its charging now to try to make it play. She's back to her playful self. Tomorrow is the scary vet visit but we're bringing her today so she can play and get cuddles from the staff without the stress of shots or exams
That's great.  
  I hope the vet visit goes well.