Traumatic Experience

kirothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, first of all i will apologize for any spelling mistakes now, because i am still shaking, and if you are sensitive to topics like cats dying and injuries please don't read this, i just had to vent because i don't know what else to do at this point.

Yesterday i saved a little stray 1 month old kitten from the middle of a highway next to my building, and i gave it food and medicine and everything was great, the neighbours were ok with him and it was all good. He was a really sweet little cat but he was really slow, and he walked up to anyone. While i was inside of my house i heard him meowing and i knew something was wrong, so i go out on my balcony, and i see him surrounded by 2 really big dogs. I started screaming and crying, so one of the neighbours helped him. I ran down and took him to the vet because he was still alive and he looked ok. We got there and the vet told us both of his legs were broken, his spine was broken and his stomach tissue was damaged. I have a cat of my own upstairs and im not home for a very long time when im working or have school so taking care of him was impossible. The little guy got put down but im still shaken by this and i feel like its my fault, he was the first cat that was also taken care of by the neighbours and this is a quiet little building and dogs rarely cone here. One of the dogs came back and he was an obvious stray, but the other dog had a collar and im so mad because i feel like i couldve changed something but i dont know what... I dont know what else to say, but to anyone reading this, thank you for listening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kirothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He also looked sick before, but it wasnt anything so bad that he would die, im just so traumatized by first seeing what the dogs did to him, the fact that those were his last moments, and the fact that i brought him here..

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course it is an upsetting experience, it would be for anyone. You did all you could, you had no way of knowing something liek this would happen. That is why dogs should be not allowed to run loose, in fact is against the law in many cities. Once they start killing other domestic animals, it is just the first step towards attacking a child. Animal control or the police should be called if these dogs show up again and they should be brought in. The owners should be notified and made to understand these animals should not be allowed to run loose any longer if they are killing others.
You saved this kitten from certain death on the highway, you gave it food and medicine, you took him to the vet when he was injured, it was all you could do at the time, and it meant the world to him. I don't understand why these horrible things happen, but they do, and it brings so much heartache. This was something you had no way of knowing would happen, it was something that you did not mean to happen, so you had no control over it and should not feel guilt over it. I know you still feel bad, turn that sorrow into anger and get something done about loose dogs, even if it is to just lodge a complaint.
My heart goes out to you, try not to dwell on the end, but remember that sweet boy and keep him in your heart. He deserved so much better. but it was not to be. You have a big heart, and thank you for letting us know of this beautiful little soul, he will be mourned by many now as he deserves. Take care, and know we care too. RIP beautiful little boy, you will never be forgotten and will hold a special place in a heart that cared. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Prince!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course it is an upsetting experience, it would be for anyone. You did all you could, you had no way of knowing something liek this would happen. That is why dogs should be not allowed to run loose, in fact is against the law in many cities. Once they start killing other domestic animals, it is just the first step towards attacking a child. Animal control or the police should be called if these dogs show up again and they should be brought in. The owners should be notified and made to understand these animals should not be allowed to run loose any longer if they are killing others.
You saved this kitten from certain death on the highway, you gave it food and medicine, you took him to the vet when he was injured, it was all you could do at the time, and it meant the world to him. I don't understand why these horrible things happen, but they do, and it brings so much heartache. This was something you had no way of knowing would happen, it was something that you did not mean to happen, so you had no control over it and should not feel guilt over it. I know you still feel bad, turn that sorrow into anger and get something done about loose dogs, even if it is to just lodge a complaint.
My heart goes out to you, try not to dwell on the end, but remember that sweet boy and keep him in your heart. He deserved so much better. but it was not to be. You have a big heart, and thank you for letting us know of this beautiful little soul, he will be mourned by many now as he deserves. Take care, and know we care too. RIP beautiful little boy, you will never be forgotten and will hold a special place in a heart that cared. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Prince!
Exactly this.....you did a good thing and tried to help him, but for some reason he had to move on to the next life, and he is FINE NOW no more pain and suffering, but it is horrible to have these things happen and to have to witness them, but you did your best, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little One, dream you deep. You knew caring before you left us, and your tiny life has touched more hearts than you can ever know.

You did the best you could for this little mite. It is all we can do, ever. NONE OF THIS is your "fault." The fault lies with those who allow dogs to roam freely, who do not spay and neuter their cats and allow them to roam. YOU did what was right, what was loving. And that kitten knew kindness for, perhaps, the first time.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes: Prayers and vibes for that little kitty's soul and spirit, and for your healing - what you have dealt with was extremely traumatizing. The owners of the dogs are responsibile for this horror - you did the right thing by allowing the vets to relieve that baby from his sufferings. At least he had the chance to know human kindness, love and care. Rest in the arms of the little children-angels, baby kitten, you are safe now. :angel:
My heart cries with you, Kiro, neither you nor the kitten deserved this awful turn of events. I hope the authorities address the dog situation - once they have tasted blood, they no longer need to be in a pack to aggessively kill again.