Trapping vibes...

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

JTBO, "flipping the trap" is when they reach in from the outside to get at the food, and trip the plate without them inside the trap.

We've had empty tripped traps or food gone and the trap not being tripped.
How do you prevent this from happening? That's happened to me. I will be TNRing the first Friday in October and November. Four more cats have been coming around to dine at my restaurant, and it's not even 1 star, much less 4! (Seriously, so sad, more foreclosures, evictions from the condos/apartments = more dumped cats.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wedged the trap under my truck-thanfully JUST the right size to keep in place. If I had to do it again I would use stakes(droppins) from crate I have and done it in backyard where not much grass. I have also heard of ppl using a tarp or something over top with bricks on either side.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ritz

How do you prevent this from happening? That's happened to me. I will be TNRing the first Friday in October and November. Four more cats have been coming around to dine at my restaurant, and it's not even 1 star, much less 4! (Seriously, so sad, more foreclosures, evictions from the condos/apartments = more dumped cats.)
I have never had that happen
, just lucky I guess or my ferals are not smart enough to try to knock the trap over for the food
. Just want to pass along good luck trapping vibes to you . There always seems to be more stray kitties lately, the poor little darlings