Trapping for 2nd time?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, I'm sorry about the gingivitis.
Stuff like that does tend to be genetic, and it's a roll of the dice as far as I can tell. We have four siblings, three males and one female. The female has had problems with plaque and her teeth from her first dental, at age one, when she had to have a tooth extracted! Her brother started having issues with gingivitis last year (they're eight now) - but it's not a problem for her.

That's too cute about Batman!
Such a good boy!

So when's the baby due?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nov 6th!!!!
Can't believe how fast everything's gone by.

We had Batman in Patches room without supervision for probably 90 minutes the other day. I think the worst thing that happened as far as I could tell was that Batman ate most of her food.
But we must be getting somewhere with this!

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's a glamor shot of Miss Patches:

We're wanting to get some framed pictures of our critters up on the walls before the baby comes.

She kind of smushes herself against the wall like that when Batman is being annoying or if she's a little scared (but not super scared and hiding - she doesn't really hide in her box anymore unless the cat carrier comes out). The other day, I got her to run over to me and the wand toy (and I was standing up!) about 4 feet to attack it and go crazy playing with it. She's such a playful girl!

I have some pictures of her on my phone of her lounging in her cat bed, as contest as can be. We'll get that door open fully sooner than later....!!!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful and very lucky kitty.

Many good wishes for you and the new baby!

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! 
It's been a while!!!!! We have a happy healthy 12 week old baby boy, Danny, so our lives have been a little more crazy than usual! Batman had to adjust to not being mommy and daddy's main focus but he is doing fine. He just had to figure out that I only have two hands and if one is holding a baby and the other is holding a bottle, he can't get pet even if he head butts me... but I figured out multi-tasking, like carrying Danny but using the laser pointer to get in some play time 

Patches really likes Batman....... She still is isolated in her room, but when we let Batman in there, she headbutts him, or rubs against him, or does something cute like that to greet him. What does Batman do? Pin her down and mount her, or something like that... Ugh! He just takes it too far. But they definitely like each other. He just goes overboard and I'll have to kick him out of the room when the vocalizations make me uncomfortable and it seems she's had enough. But even when I think she's had enough and I make him leave the room, she'll walk right back to the door as I am closing it... so maybe she isn't as bothered as I think she is.

I have a good feeling they'll be integrated though sooner than later, although I know it's been a couple years already... slow and steady wins the race though I suppose.

Patches had 3 teeth extracted a couple months ago when she had a dental.... she recovered well though. Eating a lot better now too! (Not that I thought she was eating bad before, but I did notice a change after the surgery for the better!)

So... all is well here!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to hop on here with updates more often!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :baby:

And :woohoo: on Batman being such a good boy with his new baby brother! :clap: :clap: :clap: I think you were a little worried, but I'm SO pleased!

And Patches sounds SO happy. My guess is she isn't as bothered by Batman's dominance as you are. She does stick up for herself at times, doesn't she?

Either way.... she's got a happy life, thanks to all your hard work! :heart3: