Trapping Fails

klmd302

Kelly
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel so dumb. I am trying to start TNR-ing our neighborhood cat colony and late last night I trapped a male cat who has been coming around to eat lately. Woke up at 6am to bring him to the humane society. Had the cage in the trunk and I thought I could open the trap just a crack to get the water bowl out... well... bye bye kitty!

Please tell me your trapping fail stories! Feeling pretty stupid right now :frustrated:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klmd302

Kelly
Young Cat
Purraise
Learned my lesson for sure. This is the first time I've tried TNR with an adult cat. I did it a few years ago with 3 kittens who semi trusted me already. Now that my own life is less crazy I feel like I'm finally able to start tackling our colony here. The local humane society has a free TNR program for residents which is amazing!

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow sounds like a great opportunity to stem the kitten flow and “free” !

If you’ve ever seen a trapped cat banging it’s head against the trap trying to get out...

The three times I’ve felt sorry for trapped cats and opened the cage just a little to give them some food or water...gone! In a flash. You think they’re just sitting there calmly but..

Food and sweet talk are great incentives to most cats. Given time I’ll bet he’ll give you another chance.

Keep the faith