Trapping accident... so very upset.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Domino was NOT a female in heat.
We released him today, neutered and ear-tipped.

I really didn't know males would yowl like that!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Domino is a name for a male anyway
. He was probably looking for a booty call
. Well, he will settle down with those screaming hormones in a week or two. Great job again

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

<snip> He was probably looking for a booty call
. <snip>
Looking for a booty call.
Well, booty no more!

Did see what I think is the last brown tabby again today. I'm not taking bets on my accuracy here, but given "his" jowls, I'm thinking (hoping) he's a he, not a she.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the gray cat is back!

Though I do have to laugh. I looked out the window earlier this afternoon to check levels of food, and saw three cats eating out of one bowl (I needed to go put more food out LOL). I said to Gary, "There's three cats out there eating, I'm going to run some food out." He FREAKED. I said "No, no, they're all ear-tipped!"
THAT was a nice feeling.

But I'd only seen the gray one once, so I'm glad he/she is back.

And our 3rd plain brown tabby (I thought there was one LOL) is back too! (There was already one TNR'd last year).

So I haven't checked weather, but if it's not raining, trap goes out again tomorrow.

We actually have a hope of trapping at least all the ones I know about before any kittens are born.

Right now the (sterilized) colony consists of:

Mommy (gray & white)
Stray (Tortitabby, like Spooky)
Babygirl (gray tabby)
L'il Dot (black with a white dot on her chest)
Orange & White boy
Doc ("daughter of Charlie," a classic brown tabby)
Cool Kitten (A zig-zaggy brown tabby, male. A sibling of Chum?
).
Peanutbutter ("PB" for plain brown tabby - another classic tabby, female)
Tabby (gray tabby female)
Tabby With the White Feet (gray tabby female)
Tabby With the White Face (gray tabby female)
Buff Boy (dilute red male tabby)
Domino (black & white male I thought was a female in heat before LOL).
I hope Domino's OK, because we haven't seen him back since we released him last week.

Still to go:

The all gray cat (EXACTLY like Bing (Billy's brother)), and the (hopefully last!) brown tabby (at least I'm pretty sure it's just one cat LOL). It looks to me like Chumley fathered three kitties before we nabbed him. "Cool Kitty" appeared here shortly after Chumley and was already grown up, so not a cat he fathered.

The problem? This was definitely the first winter for all the females we've trapped. And as we had Mommy spayed last year and her three kittens adopted out... where's the older female responsible for these kittens? All of the older cats trapped these past couple of weeks have been male.

And... between 2008/2010, we adopted out Bing, adopted Billy & Chumley ourselves, and had a total of seven cats that went into the foster network (and adopted out!).

OH! And there was Billy & Bing's sister & her babies. The three of them (Billy, Bing, and Sister, renamed Guinevere by her foster mom) went into a crate together when we took them to the vet late summer 2008. We knew she was pregnant - but not how pregnant. She went into labor at the vet and gave birth to four babies. The five of them were taken by a different foster network, and they all also went to furever homes. (She was a very sweet, beautiful black kitty.
).

So... since moving back to the RV park the summer of 2008, that's 15 cats in loving homes (honestly, I didn't realize it was that many!
), 13 TNR'd, and (at least) 2 that still need to be TNR'd.

We really ought to talk to the RV park owner about a discount on rent!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOWSIE
That is thirty cats you have saved and all of their offspring that would never be, you have saved too!!!!!!!! Does that make sense
. Definitely you deserve a break in rent because without your trapping of the cats, the place would be over loaded with cats, kittens and their kittens and, and, and..... Super job to you and Gary!!! How funny when you said there were three more eating from one bowl and Gary freaked. The ear tip is such an relief when you see it. I have trapped two in the last two weeks. Both males like I figured. There is the one BIG daddy grey long-haired male left. He is definitely a tom, he has the HUGE tom face. I only see him occasionally, so trapping him will be unlikely as he is not a regular. I am sure he is older and roams a larger territory. So now I have four outside that are all TNRd
. My cats have been very interested in the outside cats lately. They all sit looking out the window that is just over the shelter. I think you saw that window in the pictures I posted on that thread Will They Survive... Perkins, Presley, Perla, and Magilla all were sitting looking out the window today. I went over to peak out and Yogi, Hokey and Dixie were all sitting outside looking at my cats looking at them
Then they saw me peeking out and they just stared back at me, as to say, BRING US MORE FOOD

Anyhoo, thank you sooooooooo much for all you are doing for the cats in your RV park, you are super woman, and good luck with the last two you need to TNR