trading spaces- Hedi should be fired!

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I'd seen the previews for the cardboard Trading Spaces but missed it this weekend. . . but it's on now and I can't believe it! And, I can't even see the end because I have to go meet friends to take our danes for a walk on the beach. Darn! I want to see what happens at the end! She is nuts!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by jeeperscat
I guess 'trading spaces' is like 'changing rooms' here. Two families or friends swap rooms and decorate for each other with the help of designers. Cardboard walls sound awful, I hope they make her put all back like it was!!
Yes, once again US TV "borrows" from the British. There have been some recent TS e pisodes with Changing Room designers and Handy Andy.

Hildi drives me nuts. Some of her designs are beautiful, and some are just horrendous. Sometimes I think she knows the people will hate it, and is just doing it for that reason. Honestly, I didn't think the cardboard walls looked as bad as I expected them to, but I hated the cardboard furniture. And the fabric with this big circles in it, ugh.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they make her put all back like it was!!
Nope they do not! "Each applicant signs a release acknowledging that the show is not responsible for redecorating a room that isn't to the owner's taste."

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know though, when you sign up for that you kinda have to accept what you get. I honestly wouldn't even let my own mother redecorate a room for me without my input. They got on tv, got to do the experience, and didn't like wht they ended up with, and yes I would be fuming but I wouldn't have ever done it in the first place.

And another thing, it can't be completely Hildi. Did you ever notice the "cardboard room" commercial that ran on TLC like every commercial break in preparation for the episode? Obviously Trading Spaces is proud of the room, or at least using it to get higher ratings. And though I don't watch it that much I remember they had a lot of commercials for the flower wall bathroom also. So obviously Trading Spaces approves of it, do you think maybe they tell her to be outrageous to bring in viewers? Or maybe they specifically hired her because she was outrageous? If they didn't accept her style she wouldn't be on the show and CERTAINLY wouldn't be highlighted in the commercials.. So I mean I have to say yes Hildi is messing up people's houses but above heidi the show itself is more so for a) allowing it to go on and b) for praising her for doing it.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't watched this in a long time!! I just can't picture a cardboard room! And a feather wall???? Eeeeps!

Thanks for the links!!!

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I totally agree. I cannot STAND Hilda (hildy, or whatever she wants US to call HER).. I'm just not a big fan of her work, but when you think about it.. I guess Trading Spaces is getting what they want. I mean.. look at us having a whole forum topic on her! ahha! I wasn't "blessed" enough to see her cardboard room, but I'm sure I would have turned the tv off. Actually i probably wouldn't have, as I would HAVE to see the look on the pple's faces when they were unveiling the room to them!!! I love Vern.. I think he's an excellent designer.. he always has a "romantic feel" to his designs..
I'll tell you who I love most though. TY.. and from WYWO.. Andrew. They are both not hard to watch!!! Funny - I just found this forum and I was surfing their site for the mostpart of the day. I filled out an application for WYWO. I see they're doing more Canadian episodes, so I want to bring them here! I love redecorating, and I would someday like to be a designer, or carpenter.. time's a tickin! hehe! I think I would have so much fun doing it to.. all the crafty stuff! and I looove painting! actually, i put in the application to do the backyard - or barn.. a little different.. and how can you mess up a flower garden? Lol.. i would looove to have a pond on my backyard, however.. i think that can be screwed up quite easily! enuf of my rambling. I LOVE ANDREW & TY! lol

I wonder how my kitties would love their company.