Tractor Supply Food & Kitten Eating Adult Food

srhfoster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 separate questions:

1. I am working on better nutrition. Started my adults on dry Merrick Real Chicken recipe and they seem to like it. But so does my 4-month old kitten. He has his own Core Wellness kitten (purple bag) which he likes but he sees the adults eating the other and wants some of that also. I'm trying to limit his cheating as much as possible by being there when any dry is out, but that's not always possible. Will a little adult food that he's pinched hurt him in any way?

2. I have a Tractor Supply near me. Are there wet and/or dry varieties there that I should consider?

Thank you!!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the Merrick all life stages? Tractor supply's brand isn't too bad. 4 health. They sell Merrick too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the Merrick says for Cats and Kittens, then it's an All Life Stages.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's weird, in the title you posted, the Merrick says For Cats and Kittens, but does it say that on the bag?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srhfoster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, it does not say it on the bag. I noticed that also... but they do have separate bag listed as KITTEN. I'm guessing the one I got is adult only. It doesn't mention kitten. So I'll have to switch when he gets a little older to an all life stages.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed the 4health here too. Right now I feed the All life stages dry and the grain free wet. I am working towards an all wet diet and I've also added in some of the Paws & Claws brand for budget reasons but I know not everyone likes the lower end foods. Friskies pates have been listed as good budget friendly options here though and the Paws & Claws was very comparable to the Friskies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4Health has a new dry food called Untamed that's All Life Stages. It's duck though, I don't know if my cats would like duck. It's pretty reasonably priced, $11.99 for 6 pounds.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont think theres a huge difference between cat/kitten for Merrick and Wellness. It matters more if its a low quality brand.

I feed Merrick and Wellness too... dry is a mix of Merrick purrfect bistro kitten and Wellness core kitten. Plus wellness core canned and Fancy Feast canned. Cats seem to love them.

I just bought a bag of Instinct that i plan to open up next month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srhfoster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay! I think I'm on the right track! Fancy Feast pates for all (switched from seafoods to chickens/turkey- didn't know seafood was bad)... Kitten Core Wellness dry for my baby (monitored) plus Fancy Feast kitten wet. Dry food is alternating between Core Wellness original and the Merrick. Like the looks of the 4Health "all life stages", and since I fortunately have a Tractor Supply, am planning to try some of their dry varieties. I would like to get away from dry completely, but I'm not sure that will be possible. Thank you guys so so much.