Tough love - upsetting a friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have left wills leaving things to each other. But as I explained in an earlier post, under French law, if you are not married or in a legal civil partnership, the survivor has to pay 40% tax on any inheritance, including property. Fortunately he has no children, because they would take precedence regardless of any will - in France you cannot disinherit your children. I will not go into the reasons for not getting married - the story is so complicated you would not believe it, and I feel I have already said too much about their private lives.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, even if he doesn't continue poisoning himself with alcohol, he could still die, heck even if he isn't sick at all he could still die unexpectedly and those unfortunate events will unfold for his girlfriend..
Yes, the situation may be terrible for his partner to be left homeless, but, you really can't use that as a reason to give him to try to stay alive..If life itself is not important for him, which should be the thing everyone puts FIRST, then it almost seems trivial to bring up something like what will happen to materialistic things, ie the house