Touch of Mau??

jazzbexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meet Kipper .... I got her as a bog standard moggy. But she isn't like many cats I have known. She has a smaller frame, she is soooooo nimble and agile. A real ninja. She is immensely friendly with everyone. She is very tolerant and loves my 18 month toddler. She walks like a leopard.
When I rub her für the other way she doesn't have any markings just a blue grey colour underneath. She has this too.... which is described on Wikipedia : "They also have a skin fold under the belly, resembling that of the cheetah, which assists in running by allowing the legs to stretch back farther. Also one of the most important recognizable "traits" of this particular animal is a long, dark, dorsal stripe that runs from its head to its tail along its spine."
She is deeply attached to me and also to my daughter. They play together all the time. Kipper is about 5.5 months old and still a little dot of a cat. My vet said she is a micro kitten. But she is just lovely and a great dainty comedian. And she will happily spin and do back flips with her feathery wand toy.

Interested to know what you think....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzbexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will try to get pics of her standing and her back too, if it helps?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I will try to get pics of her standing and her back too, if it helps?
Yes, please.   I myself Im thinking on some oci-cat ancestry.  but if you find details  typical for mau, so...

I dont know how common Mau is in Germany. They are rare in Sweden.  Ocicat is rare too, but not that rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzbexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Here is a little.video of her moving. I cannot for love or money get one side on as she keeps trying to approach me!

erin harnum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she looks so similar to my baby! he has the prominent skin flap and he is more like a dog then a cat.

Last edited by a moderator: