TOTW recall

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

You may have missed the point in my comment. Your response implies I believe TOTW and Diamond are just as good as most other general pet food manufacturers, when, in fact, I believe they are just as bad.
I didn't state for good or bad, only that they all have problems. No single company and plant is free of them no matter what lofty claims they attempt to make.

And I agree, they all give that marketing BS.

Back during the wheat gluten issues I contacted a brand/company by email. I had their formula (that the plant made the food from), the list of suppliers the plant was using to get their gluten from, and which were currently being used. I added all of this into my email and asked them how they could claim that their food had no wheat gluten from China. I got a vague BS answer back and shortly after they changed the information on their site.

And yes, a lot of rules have tightened up on plants. I'm not magically making this up. Maybe some companies are more careful (or paranoid) than others. The company DH works for happens to be one of the more paranoid ones and take a lot of measures against contaminated food - but even they still have problems. Due to the fact that the plant is older and even with extra sanitation procedures they kept having issues with salmonella. So the plant no longer makes foods from fresh meats, only meal. Had the plant not proved it was making enough money it would have been shut down like others were. They're also required to do a lot more tests, and more often, than they were two years ago.

automaton2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find it more than alarming that these companies could injure or kill my beloved boy

their BS inspections appear as just that