Totally confused about the death of my kitten. Thoughts? Long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was tested for FIV & Feline Lukemia; once at the breeders, once again when I got him home, and they did test him again the day that he died. All tests came back negative.

Vet said that you really can't know where he picked up the infection, just that his body could no longer fight it
. He had been at the vet probably a month or so before I had to put him down for a suspected URI, and was put on Clavamox for 2wks. for that. So even that didn't help him fight the infection off.

I do have another kitten from the same breeder; he is gorgeous, and very healthy. Their breeder has been awesome through this whole ordeal, and she is very reputable from what I have read. I sent her all the results today so she can go over them with her vet as well.

I am happy that we did the necropsy, as it did give us some kind of closure. Still sucks though

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It does sound like he came from a good breeder, especially since she wants to look over the results with her own vet. Of coarse none of this helps the pain. It sounds like your poor little boy was just a sick guy and you did the best thing you could for him.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Please be reassured though that you did all you could for Logan, he was extremely sick, and there wasn't anything more you could have done for him. I know that isn't much consolation when you're grieving, but I hope that in time you will be able to recover from this tragedy.

I am sorry for your loss

Originally Posted by Rang_27

I'm so sorry for your loss. It does sound like he came from a good breeder, especially since she wants to look over the results with her own vet. Of coarse none of this helps the pain. It sounds like your poor little boy was just a sick guy and you did the best thing you could for him.
& that your other 3 remain well!