Totally 80's Thread!!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in '91 but it's close enough to the eighties and both of my brothers were born then ('82 and '88) so I pretty much know what it was like.

Favorite Musician: Madonna, Tears For Fears, and Pink Floyd.

Favorite Song: Like A Virgin, (Let's Get) Physical, Paradise By The Dashboard Lights, Learning To Fly, Shout, I Ran.

Favorite Style: Big hair, New Wave.

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Ninja Turtles, Trivial Pursuit, video games.

Favorite Saying: "Grody", "Gag me with a spoon" (don't know if that was said anywhere else, but kids said it here)

Favorite TV Show: MacGyver, Oprah, The Cosby Show, Golden Girls,

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: Atari 2600, Nintendo.

Favorite 80's Teen Movie: Sixteen Candles, The Outsiders, Stand By Me, The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Back To The Future, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
EDIT: More movies: Poltergeist (RIP Heather O'Rourke), Indiana Jones, This Is Spinal Tap, The Lost Boys, Big, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Favorite Musician: Howard Jones (still is today!)

Favorite Song: Anything by RUN DMC or the Beastie Boys

Favorite Stlye: Pegged and Rolled pants (All the way up to 1992, even)

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Video Games, ColecoVision

Favorite Saying: don't remember

Favorite TV Show: Square Pegs, 3's Company, A Team, Knightrider, Greatest American Hero

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's:

Anyone else who wants to add more favorites to the list, feel free!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe this thread has made me remember all the things I loved from my childhood that I forgot! I miss that stuff a lot!!!! I really loved the 80's and very early 90's!

Oh yea, I've been noticing a lot of the 80's fashion slowly creeping back into style. hehe can't wait till it comes back.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

I use to love David The Gnome!! That is when Nickelodeon had good shows!
Nickelodeon ruled in the 80s!! I use to LOVE Danger Mouse.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Remember "you can't do that on television!"? That ROCKED
YES!!! Was alanis Morrisette really on there? I remember an Alanis, but I wasn't ever sure if it was her. I wish they would put those on DVD!

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Favorite Musician: Howard Jones (still is today!)

Favorite Song: Anything by RUN DMC or the Beastie Boys

Favorite Stlye: Pegged and Rolled pants (All the way up to 1992, even)

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Video Games, ColecoVision

Favorite Saying: don't remember

Favorite TV Show: Square Pegs, 3's Company, A Team, Knightrider, Greatest American Hero

Anyone else who wants to add more favorites to the list, feel free!
I love Howard Jones! "Like to Get to Know You Well" from Better Off Dead.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

I love Howard Jones! "Like to Get to Know You Well" from Better Off Dead.
You should check out some of his new stuff. It's pretty cool! He doesn't tour the US much, so it's nice when he jaunts over here.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite Musician
ef Leppard

Favorite Song:Anything by them!

Favorite Stlye: what's not to love about the 80's style?

Favorite Toy/Hobby:Rubix cube!

Favorite Saying:Like totally, gag me with a spoon!

Favorite TV Show:punky Brewster

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's:Big hair, lots of other 80's bands, fun sayings. I miss the 80's

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok-just wanna add a few things to this thread

Do you all remember those "button your fly" shirts?? LOL....

And who could forget UNDEROOS??? I totally miss the 80's and early 90's. Those were the days!!!

Oh and goodness, how could we EVER foget Garbage Pail Kids?? I collected those trading cards, did you guys?? Heheh....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Oh and goodness, how could we EVER foget Garbage Pail Kids?? I collected those trading cards, did you guys?? Heheh....
I still have some of the stickers on my (ancient) dresser! Ahh, memories..
And Wacky Packages!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh Atari! Was that from the 80s?? I still have one, my dad bought it brand new last year, still in a box and the case and with a ton of games....FOR 2 FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! Just had to share that. If it is even from the 80s, maybe the 70s. My mom played Demon Attack while pregnant with me. Then when I was about 8 we tried to teach her Super Mario Bros. It was my 6 y/o sister and I screaming, "NO GO THERE, GO THERE!! JUMP HURRY UP! THATS THE BAD GUYS, NO YOU GOTTA GO THERE YOU CAN'T GO BACKWARDS! RUN RUN HE IS GOING TO GET YOU!! HURRY UP JUMP JUMP NO DON'T GO THERE OH YOU DIED!!!". Well my poor mom was so overwhelmed she never touched the nintendo again.

Oh and has anyone else here ever watched Mysterious Cities of Gold?? Seems like no one I know or ask has ever even heard of it. It was a great show.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Ohh Atari! Was that from the 80s?? I still have one, my dad bought it brand new last year, still in a box and the case and with a ton of games....FOR 2 FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! Just had to share that. If it is even from the 80s, maybe the 70s. My mom played Demon Attack while pregnant with me. Then when I was about 8 we tried to teach her Super Mario Bros. It was my 6 y/o sister and I screaming, "NO GO THERE, GO THERE!! JUMP HURRY UP! THATS THE BAD GUYS, NO YOU GOTTA GO THERE YOU CAN'T GO BACKWARDS! RUN RUN HE IS GOING TO GET YOU!! HURRY UP JUMP JUMP NO DON'T GO THERE OH YOU DIED!!!". Well my poor mom was so overwhelmed she never touched the nintendo again.

Oh and has anyone else here ever watched Mysterious Cities of Gold?? Seems like no one I know or ask has ever even heard of it. It was a great show.
Yeah, Atari is from the late 70's-early-mid 80's. We still have one, an Atari 2600. It works like a dream! And of course we have all of the old Nintendo systems.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Favorite Musician: Gotta be Howard Jones!!

Favorite Song: This Charming man-The Smiths

Favourite album/s : The Electro Albums

Favorite Style: The crew cut hairstyle and Ra Ra skirts

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Breakdancing

Favorite Saying: Break a leg!! and i'll be meeting myself coming back!!

Favorite TV Show: Scooby Doo!!

Favourite Sweets/Candy : SpaceDust and Pacers

Being young enough to get
and not feel the consequences the next morning

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Favorite Musician: The Cure

Favorite Song: Love Song

Favorite Stlye: the little plastic things you used to pin your shirt up...goodness

Favorite Toy/Hobby: RainbowBrite >.<

Favorite Saying: "I've fallen and I can't get up"

Favorite TV Show:Beetlejuice

Favorite Movie: Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club (anything with Molly Ringwald)

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: The bands, most, but not all.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since i was born in 1986 i cant really say i remember much except for england!
and the song
Right said Fred - I'm too sexy!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Atari!! I totally forgot about that, how could I??
Space Invaders was one of the most awesome games to play on Atari.

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This thread is too much fun!

Ok, here I go...

Favorite Musician: DEVO (Still love them! Just saw them a year ago in concert - they still rock it hardcore!)

Favorite Song: Jocko Homo - DEVO

Favorite Stlye: L.A. Gears all the way! I had the tangerine orange and silver double tongued, double laces edition. They were sweet with my aqua tie-dyed jeans and oversized t-shirt with the clip that pulled the shirt taut and to the side.

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Barbie! You can't beat the Day to Night Barbie where she went from pink power suit to glitter dancing queen. Also loved My Little Ponies, Cabbage Patch Kids (we all had to have one), and Mouse Trap!

Favorite Saying: Like, ohmygawd!

Favorite TV Show: Jem (she was truly outrageous), A-Team, Hart to Hart, and women's wrestling (I remember when this one wrestler's shoulder popped out and they kept zooming in on it).

Favorite Movie: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: Everything! I miss it all, the movies, the music, the neon, the huge shoulders... it's a generation gone, but I wish it could be FOREVER YOUNG (thank you Alphaville).

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DragulescuGirl

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Barbie! You can't beat the Day to Night Barbie where she went from pink power suit to glitter dancing queen. Also loved My Little Ponies, Cabbage Patch Kids (we all had to have one), and Mouse Trap!

Remember the early 1982/3 Happy Birthday Barbie? It was the one with the femi-mullet. I found a dress like hers in a thrift shop for $15 and was SO TEMPTED to buy it for Hallowe'en. I figured if I go back the next week and its there, that's my Hallowe'en costume - nevermind it was June - but alas...someone else went as Happy Birthday Barbie...