Total catastrophe - vibes and advice please

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Jenny, what a relief!! What a load off your mind and heart! Now we'll just revv up the that his little adventure does not set him back, healthwise. So so so good, though, that he came home of his own accord!

And, of course, renewed for Bonaparte, too.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad Nutkin came back! What a relief! Maybe now you can get a good night's sleep.
Sending loads of for Bonaparte's wounds and hoping little Nutkin feels better soon, too.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an absolute relief!!
Oh I am sooooooo glad he is back.

Hopefully things will start to settle and get back to normal for all now.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear he came back!.....and he is ok! He must have known you were worried about him!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! You must be so relieved. Hopefully you will sleep a bit better tonite.

I suppose he was freaked out and needed some alone time to calm down.

Vibes for both of their recoveries.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jenny I am so relieved! It's great that he sees humans as his safe place as well now, and he came back to you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His temp is down this morning to 39.1, so it is an improvement. He is eating and pooping fine, so a few days more and I hope he can go to his adoptive home. Bonaparte is also OK, though a little quiet still. But I have a new complication - I set the trap last night hoping to catch the black feral, and caught a tabby instead! I think it is a female, and I am not sure what to do with her. Right now she is in the trap with food and a cover, and seems quite quiet there. So I guess I will try and transfer her to a box and do a TNR on her. I know she doesn't belong to anyone near here.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful news! Welcome home little Nutkin. Jenny it seems the word is out to the cats in the neighbourhood that your place is the one to go to for help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On having a better look at her, I realise that this tabby is the one that has been hanging round all summer, and that I am pretty sure is probably Nutkin's mother! That was reinforced yesterday when I noticed he loves to sit by her, wherever she is in her cage he settles down on the other side of the bars, So if Ginger Tom is the father, I have now got the entire family!

Tabby is going to be spayed next Friday - the vet can't fit her in before, and she is calmer today (maybe Nutkin is helping). Then I will release her back into the garden - she is used to being htere and at least she will discourage other females from making their home here next spring, and will no longer be a magnet for stray males.

Meanwhile I am not trapping the black one yet, not that I have seen him since the fight. I cannot deal with another one right now - I have run out of cages.

I have a theory that cats are attracted by 'happy' pheromones. If they sense there are contented cats around the place, they will stay.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

On having a better look at her, I realise that this tabby is the one that has been hanging round all summer, and that I am pretty sure is probably Nutkin's mother! That was reinforced yesterday when I noticed he loves to sit by her, wherever she is in her cage he settles down on the other side of the bars, So if Ginger Tom is the father, I have now got the entire family!

Tabby is going to be spayed next Friday - the vet can't fit her in before, and she is calmer today (maybe Nutkin is helping). Then I will release her back into the garden - she is used to being htere and at least she will discourage other females from making their home here next spring, and will no longer be a magnet for stray males.

Meanwhile I am not trapping the black one yet, not that I have seen him since the fight. I cannot deal with another one right now - I have run out of cages.

I have a theory that cats are attracted by 'happy' pheromones. If they sense there are contented cats around the place, they will stay.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is something to that contentment thing!

So glad Nutkin is back... and that you probably also have his mom and can help her, too!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just loged on and I am so happy to hear that Nutkin came back!!!

I also think it's good that you are having the tabby female spayed. It's always good to hear people doing TNR.