Torties

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mother's torbie is the most tempermental kitty I've ever met.

smsinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tortitude, well no.. funny, unlike no other cat I have ever had.. yup! My Monica is sooo fun, shes a real talker & a chirper when it envolves treats & toys. She is the typical "leave me alone" cat.. but treats & her toys really bring her fun tortie out.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen evidence of tortitude in the torties/calicos we've had.
Daphne is just the sweetest little girl. Perhaps someday, when I am able to have another cat, the dynamics will be different and maybe some of that will come out. Until then, no one can convince me that coloring makes an undesireable attitude. She is gentle, sweet, intelligent and funny. Only bad habit she has is using me as a stair step to get to the bookcase. My fault for having my desk chair there

She doesn't like having her nails clipped but neither does Seb. I just don't see her as 'tudy.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Jazzy, and all the torties i met at work had the same attitude.. sooo beautiful too

Must be something in those tri-colour genes that makes them like that

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torties and calicos have snappy attitudes! I have both and Isis will NOT tolerated being walked by, by anyone. She will wail like you are the devil himself if you come near her and she wants nothing to do with you.

Cali on the other hand, is just a little spit fire bully in a calico body! She sits on the cat tower and growls if Twig( the resident 22 pound dominance in the house) comes anywhere near her. She won't back down from anyone and has on occassion (in her short time here so far) smacked me across the face because she was upset at being picked up (no claws extended thankfully)
She is a little brat and I fear is going to become a spoiled brat with an attitude.
But she is mine, (well ours) attitude and all. I bet soon she'll have the top cat position, but it won't be a pretty thing. (and I bet I get bit again.
what I won't do for my kitties!)

emchelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Haven't met a tortie/calico yet that didn't have some "tortitude"
I should introduce y'all to Miko. She wouldn't know "attitude" if it was staring her in the face. She's one tortie that's relaxed and completely laidback and not-at-all-in-any-way demanding.

Her sister, on the other hand. She's a torbie with a capital T

shemarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well in the short time I've had the Pixie Witch, I've had multiple-cats, or one multiple-personality-cat....so I can't really say what's "tortitude" versus what's situational. She was a too-skinny-stray when I got her, then her hormones were out of whack with a false pregnancy, then she went into heat, now she's spayed.
Oh yeah - it's been a busy time!

My vet is convinced she's got tortitude....which is the first I had heard about it, actually. So far, I'd have to say she's not all that unusual, as cats go. A bit rambunctious, now that her hormones seem to have settled down, and worms & mites are gone....but the vet estimates she's right at a year old, maybe, so that could just be the kitten side of her still coming out.

She can open cupboard doors and at least one interior door and I swear she must have walked thru one door - cause she was in a closed room with the door still closed - and no one had gone in there recently. But again, I've known other cats that could do that,....so....tortitude? Still deciding. All I know is she keeps my life interesting, she makes me laugh, she doesn't seem to like other cats but will tolerate my sis-in-law's Maltese.....whom she can freeze in it's tracks with a glance. (And this is a Maltese that bullies a pit bull.)

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a long-haired tortie named Isabel (hence my screen name) and she is a Princess with a capital 'P'. Everything in this universe revolves around her. She is very beautiful, and she knows it. She is very vocal and lets you know exactly what she is thinking! My two other female cats do not have anything like this attitude, so in this situation I think it is definitely a tortie thing, not a female thing. Sometimes her demands can get annoying , but she is also a very sweet cat, and that combined with her beauty makes it very hard for me to say no to her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about "all", but the one I had, Kira, sure did. She was a sassy one and she sure let you know when she wanted to cuddle and when she had enough and if she was mad at you! She had this thing about flat surfaces. I would frequently come home from work to find that she had knocked off everything from every table/shelf in the living room! I mean everything!