Tortie or Calico?

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I rescued a pregnant cat who we named Matilda. Matilda's had her kittens three weeks ago and although their coat colors really don't matter I'd like to know if they are Torties or Calicos? When they were first born I said definitely Torties but as they grow I'm noticing tons of white on their feet and bellies.
I also have another question their brothers ears still seem folded normal? I'll post a picture of his ears to. In person they look tons more folded.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The girls are torties, and the boy is a cream tabby. The girl in the last picture could be called a blue tortie. Their ears look normal, kittens' ears will start to unfold at seven days and won't be straight until about three weeks. They are beautiful kittens! Will you spay the mom after the kittens are weaned?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Torties with white (here they seems to be diluted tortie with white).   A tortie with white and a calico carries the same main colors, are in some languages called for a three colored cat, but which is called for which?

Calicos has well definied color fields, while torites are more intermingled / splattered.  The white is usually by itself, we are talking about the other two colors.

I presume its some help gene which is in play here, determining exactly which pattern it will be.

At 3 weeks their ears looks pretty normal, its in part individual the day for day development, but they should raise up during the next week or at most two.  AFTER it, you will know if they have some sort of fold or not...  :)