Tortie comparison thread!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo's my tri-colored girl. I think she's a calico, but I've been told that she's a tortie and white.

This is a picture of her laying on the showercurtain rod. She goes up there to get away from Lola when Lola is in her 'terrorist' mode!

She's very docile and laid back. She really doesn't exhibit much of the renouned 'torti-tude'. Unless, of course, Lola is trying to challenge her alpha-cat status. Cleo is 7 years old and a smidge over 10 pounds. She was diagnosed with renal failure when she was 6 months old, when my vet did pre-op blood work for her spay surgery. Cleo eats a special low protein/low phosphorus food, takes several medications and gets sub-Q fluids. Her renal failure is well controlled and she continues to thrive. She likes to sleep with me every night (well, all three girls do, actually!) She tends to be curious, but reserved around anyone but me. She loves to play with her feather wand.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I've already shown Reyah, but since Hera just came in, I guess I should add her to this thread.
She's another dilute tortie and white....

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok only just found this thread. my chloe is only about 21 weeks old, found in a dumpster when she was about 6 weeks old. and she is a lovebug she will purr even if you look at her , she will wrap herself around your neck at nights, she always wants attention, iv only ever heard her cry/meow twice since iv had her, the vets say there isnt anything wrong though.her last weight at the vets was 2 weeks ago and she was only 3 1/2lbs but she is a tiny cat. she is a DMH and tortie and white in colour. but what more can i say shes my angel.
this was here the night we found her, very clean so couldnt have been in there long.

Shot with uD600,S600 . at 1969-12-31
and this is her as from last night.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

ok only just found this thread. my chloe is only about 21 weeks old, found in a dumpster when she was about 6 weeks old. and she is a lovebug she will purr even if you look at her , she will wrap herself around your neck at nights, she always wants attention, iv only ever heard her cry/meow twice since iv had her, the vets say there isnt anything wrong though.her last weight at the vets was 2 weeks ago and she was only 3 1/2lbs but she is a tiny cat. she is a DMH and tortie and white in colour. but what more can i say shes my angel.
this was here the night we found her, very clean so couldnt have been in there long.

and this is her as from last night.

OMG! Hasn`t she grown! I remember reading when you found her. Poor little girl.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Willow is a dilute tortoiseshell (I prefer saying that over Blue Cream, since I'm less likely to get blank stares from those who hear me say it, lol). She's 6 years old, 9 pounds, looks chubby but is actually very thin. She's skittish and territorial (you don't want to be on the receiving end of an angry Willow, lol)

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Alright, I must be crazy, but I have noticed through my life that most tortie cats I see/hear about seem to be smaller than the average cat.
I agree, but take a look at our most recent foster. She's huge!!!

Lucy (will change if she stays with us)
4yrs old
approx 15lbs

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, so i'm new to this coloring business and lingo...i think i may have a calico though others have described her as tortie and white...i'm not sure...maybe you can tell me?? LOL....

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is our Rainbow Bridge kitty, UC. When I first met John, UC was a barn cat. She eventually worked her way inside. She was technically John's dad's cat. She passed away last winter. We still miss her!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I'm not sure what her coloring is, something with white
but she is gorgeous! Love her markings.
i'd call her a torbie & white, since her black parts have tabby markings as well as her red ones.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Adding my Chil to the thread now...

All dramatic..

*thud* Is she not adorable? When she curls up like this she makes the most adorable sighing/groaning noise, and then a little "mmmmhhh" of a sigh and a chirp. It's precious.. always makes me melt.

Good pics of her markings/eyes/color..

*yawn!*

Last one..

She's my heart cat.
We have conversations and usually know exactly what the other is going to say before our mouths are opened...

Chil's favorite thing to do is chase things flying in the air. She has great retrieving instinct.. I'm sure I could click my way to fetching with her if I tried. Her second favorite thing is attention from me, even scoldings.
She knows I never mean it. From there it's going outside, climbing around on her cat-tree (and whacking me in the back of the head when I walk by it), snuggling with Emma, eating, etc. She's a happy, active kitty.