Tornadoes In Lee County, Alabama

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just woke up, having dozed off in my recliner, and saw a television headline about a record number of people killed by a tornado. I quickly turned on the sound, and it's very bad. The current death toll is at 23.

I don't know who we have who lives in Alabama, but please, people, as and when you're able, check in here and let us know that you and your animals are okay.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

:rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart:

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mimiallyn Mimiallyn , glad to hear it missed you.

Does anybody know who we should be worrying about? I suspect people won't be able to check in for several days; utilities must be down and survivors are going to be very busy just managing the details of every day living, not to mention searching for those who are missing and perhaps trapped in wreckage.

Margret

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some Georgia areas were hit too. Waiting for response from those people.

The previous tornado in Mississippi left behind flooding. I know one person who was missing a kitty but the kitty was found after a few days, unhurt. It pays to keep looking. I’m so glad they didn’t give up!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The previous tornado in Mississippi left behind flooding.
My daughter's doctor relocated to Mississippi. He is a Saint! :hearthrob: Every time I hear about a natural disaster in that area I worry about him and his family.

Keeping all the people in the path of the tornado in my thoughts and prayers. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that I've had longer to check out the internet on this, it seems that there were several tornadoes, and not all of the deaths were in Lee County, though I don't believe any of them were in Georgia. And "tornado season" is just beginning, with another hurricane season yet to come. :sigh: It's going to be a very long year.

Margret