Toppers

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not want to give my cats any dry food. Stella&chewy is listed as a wet food but they are freeze dried dinner morals, so which is it?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stella and Chewy's has a few different products for cats: wet food in a carton, freeze dried raw (which has three different options), frozen raw, dry kibble.

The freeze dried raw is technically raw but since you add water to it (or are supposed to), it kind of becomes sort of like wet food. You can use it as a dry topper. Stella and Chewy does have a specific topper product called Marie's Magical Dinner Dust but it's basically the freeze dried raw finely crushed up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I just bought Freeze dried raw chick chick chicken dinner morsal to crush and mix in her pate,dry. I always have to crush freeze dried treats in her pate to eat it. Last night I used my food timer and she did not eat her pate probably because there was no topper. I plan to rush the whole bag ahead of time

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crushing up the entire bag will make it a lot easier to use it as toppers as needed :agree:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just crushed some and mixed it in. She loved. Much easier than freeze dried treats. I hope she will still like it mixed in her pate at night when I use the food timer. I freeze the pate first

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her some last night mixed in on her food timer it wasn't mushed like I thought it would be I guess because it was frozen.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm curious. If I mix in the equivalent for an 8 pd cat which is1/2 c water+1 cup of food is that as much water as in a 5.5 oz can? Oh,and it doesnt stink so bad after being in the fridge! I am planning on giving it to one of my cats for a regular depending on the price

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just bought a big bag. I want to switch my cat Peaches to it since freeze dried keeps in the nutrients. I am excited. Also bought freeze dried gizzards and hearts treats-yummm

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One more question. Can I alternate feeding s&c and commercial or mix the 2 together