Top of cat’s stitch undone after spaying?

pman0293

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My cat came back from the hospital yesterday from being spayed. She was overnight there. Her surgery was done on Friday(it’s Sunday today). Yesterday she jumped very softly on a few things. I tried to prevent it as best as I could but, well, it’s a cat. She also escaped from me once and lightly went up the stairs. I checked her incision and it looked fine but the stitch at the top (tiny blue stitch coming out) looked a bit loose but not bad. I also checked it before I put her in her cage for bed and it looked ok.

When I woke up this morning and checked on her in the cage, that tiny blue stitch (I believe she has dissolvable stitches) had undone!! Is this a cause for concern or is this pretty normal? I’m concerned because my vet is also closed today.
Before:
1C868344-6E3D-4677-BF41-D8F0D1DB7EA4.jpeg

After:
BB0CA1E4-75F1-48A9-9F92-AA2C982CB12E.jpeg

Sorry that the picture is blurry. It was hard for me to get her to turn over on her own. Incision does look a bit life red but seems that’s probably just from swelling?

Thanks for all your support on this forum.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The wound looks ok to me, I cant it opening at all. Just look out for swelling, redness or seeping. That stitch might fall out on its own but watch your cat doesn't try to pull it out. Is she wearing a cone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pman0293

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The wound looks ok to me, I cant it opening at all. Just look out for swelling, redness or seeping. That stitch might fall out on its own but watch your cat doesn't try to pull it out. Is she wearing a cone?
Hey! Thanks for the reply.

that’s great news. She’s not wearing a cone but I have one ordered. Should be getting here tomorrow.