Top 5 Things We Don't Know About You!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
5. Just realised i can't think of anything good to say about myself atm. I'm sorry
I miss Jasmine so much[/quote]

*~Well just so you know there are people here who can think of good things to say about you. You are a caring person who loved and cherished her cats life. Doesnt matter what color clothes you wear or what the bimbos on the street say. You are a good person~*

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. English is not my native language
2. I play the violin, both classical and american, scottish and irish folkmusic
3. I'm fannish, Heroes is the newest fandom and the show has eaten my brain (oh how appropriate, heh..)
4. I work in a company I'm one of the co-founders of
5. I haven't driven a car for over 6 years now, and I'm lucky enough to live where I don't have to drive anywhere for my daily life.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. My middle name is Penelope. I hated it as a kid. Now I like it!

2. I have benign hypermobility joint syndrome. It doesn't mean anything except that I'm weirdly flexible in my joints and they can bend at all the wrong angles!
3. I grew up as a classical musician and successfully auditioned for the WA Conservatorium of Music when I was 14.
4. I can count to ten in 11 different languages.
5. I have a photographic memory. It is particularly evident for language. I remember whole conversations word-for-word, no matter how long ago they occurred (Max is not happy about this skill!)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so deliciously bad, but I'm going to answer first and then read everyone's replies...

1. I currently have a temporary short term memory problem, and in order to spend up healing I'm playing memories games with myself. On Tuesday evening, I decided to see if I could remember all fifty states in the union. I got the first 49 in about an hour. I still can't remember the last one (it's Friday afternoon here).
2. Sometimes I dream entirely in French (a language I only have a basic level of understanding of).
3. The maximum number of animals I've had sleeping on my body at any one time is four.
4. I'm toying with the notion of trying for the California State Bar exam in a few years.
5. My favourite Rights on the Bill of Rights are the third and the ninth.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rina_Marie;1524056 said:
4. I would like to run a safe house for unwed mothers some day
No where near as noble, but I would like to run a really nice motel some day. Like motel prices, but hotel quality. With an attached restrarant. Kind like a modern day old-fashioned inn.

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Oh, I'm made fun of by my entire family for this. But when I was very little I went to Florida and we saw the manatees in this very large aquarium, and they were the biggest and scariest thing I'd ever seen. Then we went to the beach, and I just imagined these huge, strange creatures coming up out of the sea, and stood at the edge of the water wailing about manatees. Mind you, I was like 4, but still now I'm kinda skeezed out by manatees. Odd, because I actually was inches away from being attacked by a shark
And yet, that didn't make it on the five things you don't know about me list!

Originally Posted by Pami

3~ I give my cats toilet paper to play with.
Enabler!

Originally Posted by twstychik

4. I have a birthmark on my neck that looks like an old faded hickey
I love hickeys and freckles. I have no idea why.

Everybodies', not just my own.

And I'm pretty fond of scars and birthmarks, too.

It's weird, like some sort of body art - like nature's tattoos or something.

Freckles are my favourite. I like to pick out the constellations of the night sky in my friends' freckles.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Lol these posts are good

1. i once smashed a window naked wrestling with s/o :p
Fun stuff! I totally approve.

Originally Posted by LilleKat

10. I decorate naked because it saves me ruining clothes with paint!!
And I totally approve of this, too.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Fun stuff! I totally approve.

And I totally approve of this, too.
Ooh you've dug up some old dirt on me! lol

*blushes*

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay here goes nothing...

1. I am the biggest Daddy's girl Ever
I adore him so much

2. I will always be sad I was unable to have children

3. I am a huge Washington Redskin Fan, Joey is named after their head coach.

4. I am an Italian from NY married to a Southern Gentlemen from KY

5. I cry about everything and worry till I'm sick about everyone, whether I know them or not

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I am a huge science fiction fan. I skipped work on 5/19/05 so I could go see "Revenge of the Sith" on it's opening day.

2. I was a band geek in school. I can play the flute, sax, and the keys.

3. I love books... I prefer reading over the TV any day! My favorite book is "Cold Mountain". The movie SUCKED cuz they changed the ending. Seeing Jude Law's butt was THE only saving grace of that movie.

4. I love yardwork... digging & getting dirty, planting stuff... cutting grass... I never thought I'd be so excited to see a hosta I planted a year earlier "return" cuz I didn't kill it off somehow. (used to hate gardening)

5. I know which cat is coming towards me just from the sound of their paws, or the sound of their meow. Pretty good for being owned by 8 cats.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

oooh, here is something weird about me..

I have the Shingles virus..Its a virus that comes from remnants of chicken pox, and some people get it later in life and it can be caused by physically over exerting yourself. I got it from climbing a mountain. It always will show up on the same nerve endings where I first got it. On my hip

I think its cool that I have a weird virus
Even though, only mostly old people get it
I had Scarlett Fever when I was 5 or 6! Which apparently is an issue of the past and not come across as often anymore! Hmm maybe thats why I have heart issues?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread!! I just love learning more about everyone. It took me the longest time to come up with my five, but here goes:

1. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a former ballerina…I was accepted as an apprentice in a nationally known ballet company, but a badly broken foot ended my dance career before I started.

2. After that, I worked as a professional actor for a few years until I ran out of money and had to get a “real†job.

3. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a charm school graduate. My mother, who was raised on a farm, used to hate that she had to go to business dinners with my Dad and never felt comfortable with how to act. We never had much money growing up, but she managed to scrape together enough to send her daughters to charm school because she didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want us to ever be in the same situation. I thought it was the lamest thing at the time…but I actually use the stuff I learned in my current job.

4. I secretly would love to get a tattoo on my hip or somewhere subtle. But I hate needles and DH hates tattoos, so itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll never happen.

5. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a junk food junkie. I love chocolate and sweets, empty carbs, and greasy food. But since starting Weight Watchers a year and a half ago, I try to keep my junk food consumption to a minimum.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) I have "prehensile" toes: I can pick things up with them and use them to manipulate objects, like use a fork or a pencil. (I don't have fine motor coordination, so I eat messily and write like a three-year-old.) When I drop something on the floor, I use my feet to pick it up again.

2) I am a walking, talking version of the IMDb (Internet Movie Database). I can remember even the most obscure (modern) actor or director and can connect them to the films or television shows they were in. I remember names and faces, and can catch obscure references to movies and shows, even if I haven't actually seen the show. When I watch movies with my friends, they're always going "Who is that guy? What have I seen them in?" and without fail, I can tell them. I have no clue how I can by this ability, because ...

... 3) My family didn't own a television until I was ten, and we didn't get cable TV until I was in high school. I didn't have television the entire time I was in university and only really started watching TV shows "religiously" since I started living with J (so, for the past four years). I was (and remain) an avid reader, however.

4) I was a gymnast until puberty landscaped my body in such a way as to make gymnastics unfeasible. I also did dressage, which is like gymnastics on the back of a horse. I was pretty good at gymnastics but didn't like competing, even though I did well -- I wanted everybody to like me and, of course, the other gymnasts hated me when I did better than they did. I wasn't as good at dressage, but I enjoyed it more.

5) I started working at the age of fourteen; my first job was serving coffee, donuts and ice cream in a donut shop. After that, I worked at an ice cream stand on the beach, as a waitress at a seafood restaurant and at a Chinese buffet, as a filing clerk for a cosmetic surgeon, as a cashier at a dollar store, as a bartender/short order cook at a golf club, at a Dairy Queen, as a dispatcher for a heating/air conditioning company, as a receptionist for a lab that studied foodborne zoonoses, as a filing clerk for Farm Credit Canada, as a procurement officer for a company that manufactured uniforms, and, most recently, as the parking administrator for a large office building. I'm only 28 years old. I have never been fired -- I just have lousy luck.
I'm also a professional writer, but that's not a full-time job and has yet to start paying the bills.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 more amusing things about me

1. I'm very sensitive- it doesn't take a lot to upset me/hurt my feelings (i just don't show it easily.)

2. I used to have my nose pierced with a tiny jewel stud. I REALLY miss it!

3. Tiger Lilies are my favorite flowers

4. I helped deliver my great niece, Kaitlynn when she was born- it's one of my favorite memories!!!

5. Bisclavret by Marie de France is my favorite short story

hollister**

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1) I have a knack for picking out the most expensive thing in a store/catalog/magazine.
2) I eat enough chocolate in one sitting to satisfy my caloric intake for days.
3) I have been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now

4) I have about 50 chapsticks/lip glosses all around my house.
5) I just lost my pearl earrings! But I'm sure if I cleaned my room I would find them.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I'm still pretty new around here but this will help everyone get to know me better...

1) I am studying to take the LSAT's in September and hopefully go on to law school after I graduate next year.

2) My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years now and we live together.

3) I really hate vegetables and therefore you can only imagine how unhealthy I eat.

4) I absolutely hate where I live right now but you do what you can when money is tight.

5) I am a night person and can not wake up in the morning for anything -- making me late for work everyday. Luckily I have a wonderful boss who understands the ups and downs of college life!!

That's all I can really think of right now... I sound like a miserable person huh?!? I'm not though, I swear!!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this thread and I haven't posted in it and I thought it would be nice to bump it and reply.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

1. I have a nasty habit of chewing on the skin around my fingernails...have been doing it since college, and never been able to kick the habit.
Me too! Only I've been doing it since I was 7.

1. I'm a vegetarian.
2. I have lots of anxiety issues.
3. I'm a bookworm.
4. I love Harry Potter.

5. I worry too much- about people I do know, people I don't know, getting sick, people dying, animals suffering, losing my animals, you name it.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I decided to add on too; I only joined but it's a great way of getting to know everyone.

1. I'm a huge Buffy fan even though my friends think I'm way too old for it.
2. I worry way too much about what other people think.
3. I'm a massive fan of gaelic football even though it stresses me out when my team (Donegal) are doing badly!
4. I've only been in love once in my life and I'm still with him.
5. I'm happiest at home with my boyfriend, kitten, a good bottle of wine and some good music.

lochnessmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread has made me laugh out loud! We are all so the same!!

1. I pay over 400 hundred peoples wages every week.

2. I prefer my own company (and those of my cats) to most people even though I would say I am a people person.

3. I am a total Sci-Fi nut, love all things Sci-Fi

4. I love Dance music

5. If I am stressed, anxious or very down I can totally seperate myself from reality and forget everything around me by going into another life/world/whatever.