Top 10 dog and cat names. Is Yours on the List?

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a dog named Charlie, not sure that counts.

I have a smokie kitty, and Buddy dog.

My fur nephew is named Oliver.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone please post the list of names? I can't get the pictures to display in the popup window despite having given the site permission in my firewall. So I can't see the names.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of mine are on the list but several of my family's pets are:

Maggie - my aunt's daschound
Bailey- my sister's lab/rat terrier x (the one that ate the blanket and had massive surgery
There's a whole thread devoted to her!)

My pets - cats- Kojak, Velvet, and Isabella (they had a 'bella' on the list but not her full name) I also recently adopted a German Shepherd Dog and named him Hagan (wanted a German name for him- so I didn't figure that'd be on the list lol.)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw the list above
Thank you

Back in 1981 I had a cat named "Shadow" but it was given because of her reaction to having seen her shadow on the wall and not based on her colouring. I've never had a cat with any of the other names.

I've never had a dog of my own, but my brother had a dog named "Max" that he had to have PTS a couple years ago

I like to pick unusual, but normal sounding names for my pets. Mostly they are human names. Though other than Shadow, I did have a cat that I named "Gem" only because she reminded me of a black onyx gemstone, and her eyes were like emeralds. All the rest have had people names.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Interesting that Max is #1 for both dog and cats, that surprised me. I always think of Carol Burnett doing that parody of Sunset Blvd and screaming Maxxxxxxx!!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Nope, none of mine were on there
You know after looking at your siggy, I'm supprised Garfiled wasn't on the list. I would have thought it would be.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

None of mine, past or present are on either list.

Dogs
10 - Chloe
9 - Sophie
8 - Daisy
7 - Maggie
6 - Buddy
5 - Lucy
4 - Molly
3 - Bella
2 - Bailey
1 - Max

Cats
10 - Charlie
9 - Shadow
8 - Bella
7 - Oliver
6 - Smokey
5 - Lucy
4 - Tiger
3 - Tigger
2 - chloe
1 - Max
Thanks, Missy Motus!

None of my kitties names are on the list, but I did have a Shadow a few years back. I currently don't have any dogs...

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of my cats' names were on the list.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of ours, either! It would be interesting to find out how an unusual name like Chloe became so popular, making both lists... was it the name of a pet in a movie or TV show, perhaps?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look at the poll results you will see the majority of people who voted didn't have cats or dogs with the names in the top 10 I'm not entirely sure it's accurate. It's just weird.