Toothpaste?

g-reg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our kitten just started losing its baby teeth so I'm going to start brushing his teeth with toothpaste. I've got Petrodex toothpaste for the dogs, can I use the same toothpaste for cats or is there something else I should have?

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by G-reg

Our kitten just started losing its baby teeth so I'm going to start brushing his teeth with toothpaste. I've got Petrodex toothpaste for the dogs, can I use the same toothpaste for cats or is there something else I should have?
I would not recommend using a toothpaste formulated for dogs without speaking to a licensed veterinarian at first. I use Petrodex Malt flavor, which says it is specifically formulated for cats.

I have been using it for years. I find it helps a great deal with my personal cats dental care. Plus they
the taste. So brushing there teeth is enjoyable for keeper and kept

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

g-reg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MeuzettesMom

I wish I could brush my cats teeth. I never have. I think that is what most of my cats suffer with. Tooth decay.
Its never too late to start

I'll have to look for the cat specific toothpaste next time I get to the store. I just used a wet brush last night just to get him used to the feeling. He definitely did not approve.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't bother with toothpaste--you can just wipe off a cat's teeth with a bit of gauze. Works fine.