Toothpaste Gel? No Brush.

william1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

My cat is 13 and has a heart murmur, he is not able to have his teeth cleaned because of this. I have been brushing but his gums have become very sensitive. I've done a bunch of research on gel or powder you can put in his food that will help without having to brush his teeth.
Wondering what products you guys are using? Ideally, Id like to wipe a gel on his gums to help with such sensitivity he has, any help much appreciated.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Logic gel. They claim that it is activated by the saliva in the cats mouth and therefore works without brushing. Either put some on the cats lips or paws or just inside the mouth. It seems to keep my three cats teeth clean.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to know if this gel really work...anyone has tried it with good result? Trying to brush my cat's teeth is impossible so i gave up.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can gently rub toothpaste onto the teeth with a cotton swab.

mewcatmew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use C.E.T toothpaste. It is enzymatic so it works on contact. Also, cats gums are more sensitive than human gums. Were you using a very soft toothbrush?

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is there any research or anything that this actually works? Even if it's research on humans with a similar product that would be great and I'd make the switch immediately.

Mine hates having her teeth brushed but this would be a good alternative so I'd love for this to be legit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

william1981

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the replys and yes I do use a soft toothbrush. Per my Vet. Hes older now and his teeth are just really sesnsitive as well as his gums, he cannot have surgery so im trying to find a brushless toothpaste. I will try some of these suggestions.

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Oratene Veterinarian Maintenance Oral Gel. Just apply a thing layer onto your finger and put onto the kitty gum and tooth.