Tooth resorption

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully my cat peaches does not have that again. She won't eat.if it's because of her teeth, would she be able to drink broth? I cannot convince my mom to take me before her appointment Friday. I can walk to wholefoods or walgreens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She was slowly gaining weight but I just weighed her. She's lost more 6.3 pds. I forgot about how the shape of bowl can make a difference. But she was eating alot on this same bowl. Now eats slow,less,or noo food eaten. I wish all my friends hadn't moved far away

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you give her other types of food, and are you able to get her to a vet?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I still cannot drive. I have a wide variety of food to try. If nothing works I plan on cooking ground turkey tomorrow

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom took me yesterday, I never got the chance to ask anything because she came with me. So next time I will go in by myself. He said my cat has gingivitis and plaque. Her teeth cleaning was 6 months ago. He also did an xray. I thought it was for her teeth but it was to make sure she hadn't eaten anything foreign. I would have skipped that. She needs to gain wait so my mom will take me to petco

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet said her blood sugar and kidney values were a little high and of course dehydrated. Crossing my fingers she never gets diabetes. She is impossible to hold!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking her again tonight for her teeth cleaning tomorrow. He said her periodontal disease has come back. It's only been 6 months! So she will be sedated again. I read there is no known cause so it's not food. Probably genetics

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
she had her dental cleaning and had no more lesions but keep an eye on her. The food she can eat is 190 cal for 5.5 oz can. She eats one can a day. It used to be half that. Is 190 cals too much for a cat 6.3 pds? I know she will not gain too much weight from it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, can you, or do you, weigh her at home? Depending on which source is used for information, it's a little more calories daily than recommended (35 calories per pound to maintain), but every cat is different :)