Took Misha to the vet this morning

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ,yes Callie might be doing it ,most of the time she sleeps away from the others ,at least since i have gotten the kittens.
Misha is ok ,after i had given him his eye drops last night he turned round and gave me such a dirty look :lol3:

Took these photos since i have gotten the kittens ,the first is during the night ,the second when i went into the living room later in the morning .
Misha and Callie are so adorable sitting in their beds [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,looks like Misha has been fighting again.He came in this evening with a scratch over his eye ,or it has been opened up again ,one on the pink bit of his nose and small wounds on his back .Even got a wound on his front leg where they shaved him .

I have sent for a Eyenimal  cat camera to go round his neck ,might be able to find out who he is fighting with .

Also i am thinking of making the small garden we have cat proof so the cats can stay in there

I would have to block the space between the fence and the shed and put something to stop them climbing  on the shed and fence plus a gate .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,his eye has cleared up and he seems all right.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,noticed Misha was limping on his front right leg ,there seems to be a wound on the upper part of his leg .Booked him in to the vet this afternoon ,he seems to be a bit down today he might be in pain.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you considered keeping him inside until the garden is cat-proofed?  Poor guy is really getting beat up.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,i think i will have to do that ,i have shut the cat flap so he can't get out .He is sitting by the door wanting to go out.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I would definitely not be letting him back out until I had a secured area.  The wounds, vet visits, and his pain just aren't worth it!  I would be afraid that one day he either wouldn't come back, or would contract a horrid infection that would kill him.  It sounds like he is really having a rough go of it.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have got one of those Eyenimal camera ,i have sent him out with it a few times ,but it is when he is not wearing it he comes back the worse for wear.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure that just identifying the attacker would do any good, even if you did get it on the camera--the chances of being able to do something about it would be slim if it is another person's cat or a stray.  I would definitely take control of where he goes.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes i think that is the only option  ,to restrict him to the garden.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
It absolutely broke my heart to make the decision to never let my old guy outside again, because he dearly loved being an outdoor cat.  But he became deaf, and we live with a lot of predators around and near a road where cars fly past, so, it was just time.  Although he has adapted to the indoor life VERY well...5 years has passed since he put his paws on green grass---that breaks my heart!  But he literally can't hear it thunder now, and he absolutely will not walk on a leash and harness.  My attempt at that would have made a great YouTube video!

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,yes must have been heart breaking ,Misha got fed up with hanging round the front door and went and had a sulk and a sleep on my bed .Callie was already there ,so one cat at the top another at he bottom.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe you guys just have a cat who is a bully/territorial in your area. It is probably best that you keep Misha inside untill you can cat-proof everything in the garden.

My old (first) cat, Snuffy was an indoor-outdoor cat. He was neutered and everything but he was VERY territorial when it came to other cats and even small dogs (never bothered humans or anything though) entering our (his) property. He was also HUGE (26 pounds and not fat) and very muscular so he was kinda like the big boss of our area. Lol. Our neighbor's cat, Romeo (who was much smaller) would always challenge him and lose. I felt bad for the poor thing, but I also thought Romeo was stupid because he would always challenge Snuffy and he always lost. There was one fight in which I witnessed Romeo lunge at Snuffy and Snuffy dodged him and dug his claws into Romeo's back and threw him about 4 feet in the air.

Sometimes snuffy would come home with minor scratches, but I always felt bad for the other cat/animal. I once witnessed him jump on/attack a Raccoon that was on our porch eating the dry cat food. The raccoon took off running with Snuffy still on his back. Snuffy came back home unscathed.

But now that Snuffy is gone, my family realized that it is more dangerous to let the cats outside so all 3 of our current ones stay inside 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We try to keep Sukie in at night but sometimes the little sod slips out between our legs as she knows what we mean by 'shut the front door', or 'shut the cat door.' when It is dusk.  Accordingly we have taken to speak French to each other so that she is not suspicious.  However it is only a matter of time before she knows what 'Ferme Les Portes' means - and then we shall have to find another language!  

Luckily her territorial area is not large and there is only one cat that challenges her - he is a beautiful Burmese, twice her size, from the flats across the road. Happily he has been castrated and Sukie has been spayed, so that the problem is only territorial.  

With best wishes,

Geoffrey

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,got an email from my insurance ,they are paying me £431 for the last claim i made for Misha ,let he out again i think he suffers too much being kept in .Iwill sort the back garden out and he can spend his time trying to escape.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ,got an email from my insurance ,they are paying me £431 for the last claim i made for Misha ,let he out again i think he suffers too much being kept in .Iwill sort the back garden out and he can spend his time trying to escape.
I really want to urge you to keep him in. He will adjust until he has the garden, but you don't know how bad the next injury could be. It could be fatal.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,the little sod managed to slip past me and is now on the loose ,when he comes in again he is in for the night.