Took in semi-unfriendly stray pregnant cat, help appreciated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kendragon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So today I went in to check on the babies and was about to go put some wet food in liliths carrier, but I guess toulouse followed me to the door (he didn't get in, he just was sniffing under the door) and Lilith totally flipped out, ran so fast to try to attack him with me standing a foot behind her. I Must've made some kind of noise in reaction and she turned around and ran at me, totally mauling my ankle. I mean she compelling latched on and I could do nothing other than let it pass. I was wearing false leather boots that hit just below the knee and her teeth and claws went straight through and she gave me 3 or 4 DEEP punctures. Lucky my cousin is here and he used to be a nurse so he had a full first aid kit and help me totally clean it up, but needless to say im in a bit of shock.

Last edited:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy.  It sounds like the faster you get Lilith fixed, the better.  You may have to take the kittens away as soon as they start eating solid food.  This will give you time to finish socializing them.  Are you going to TNR Lilith?  If so, building her a catio may be a solution to think about.

kendragon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a feeling I might have to do that with the babies too. Unfortunately I do not have the means to build her a catio, I rent a duplex and my neighbors are like spies for my crummy landlord (slumlord) so the best I can do is lock toulouse in my room every time I go to see her in the spare room and hope that no more fight instincts are triggered. She is definitely too aggressive for me to feel good about placing her in any home, I'll be lucky if I come out of this without an infection.

Last edited:

kendragon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, they will definitely all be spayed and neutered, no worries!

kendragon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update! Leg is healing up fine, no sign of infection, YAY! 

Alsooooo

BABY PICTURES!
Babies are 9 days old today and this was their first time somewhat seeing me with their little blurry eyes.

They were a little hissy, except for my little grey tabby. Also found out today that grey tabby and brown tabby are boys and solid grey is a girl. YAY!

makes having my leg turned into a chew toy almost not so bad hahaha

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man, you should have given us a cuteness alert!!!  They are absolutely gorgeous.

I love when they are so tiny and give the little hisses.  Its so cute but really show how they learn to survive.

jennabengal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you plan on doing with the kittens once they're weaned!

kendragon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think we're going to keep the little grey male and then find good, responsible homes for the other two. I'm going to try to keep them together until 12 weeks since I've read that's better for their socialization.
Just curious, if I pull the babies as soon as they start on solid food, should Lilith start to dry up or will she still produce milk for the time she would have if I left them with her? The sooner I can get her spayed the better.