Took in Semi-Feral Cat-Wondering if we're doing the right thing

merstockgto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Back in July 2011 we noticed a feral roaming our neighborhood and noticed she was pregnant after having been feeding her for a few months. I borrowed a trap from a local cat rescue and would feed her in it a few times to get her used to the trap and after a few days I set it and caught her. We took her to the vet to abort the pregnancy and had her fixed. We had planned to release her but we were in the process of trying to sell our home in Fl. and did not want to leave her behind as she would wait for her meals each morning and evening. We sold our home in Dec. 2011 and we brought Sox (we named her) to our new home in Las Vegas with our other 4 furry one's. She has adapted very well and is no longer terrified of us. She does not want us to pick her up but she hangs out with us in the house and gets along very well with all of our cats.  She has a sweet temperament and personality. We lucked out that she adapted so well. She even talks to us now which she did not for a long time but she defintiely was a feral. She was not used to being around or handled by humans. When she was outside she would take off if she saw me. All of our cats are indoor only and always have been since we have had them. Even Sox does not care about going outside. The vet figures she was 2+ years in 2011 and for her to adapt so well being inside is quite amazing.

happygolucky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pretty cat had kittens and i haven't seen them yet. She sits around me for a while now and i talk to her. I know it takes about 6 weeks for weaning.