Took in a couple barn kittens with eye infections

sabrina cox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
was it the feral herpes ??

my ktten  the same problem , Im goING TO TAKE HIM to the vet but im scared he has the herpes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would say so. It's also called upper respiratory and it's not really worth panicking over. Usually, a course of antibiotics and eye cream, they can be as good as new. It may recur but it's virus and most healthy cats can fight it off without medication.

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww is so nice of you to take them in and take care of them. Please be sure you give them proper medicine drops in their eyes.

My husband found a newborn kitten in a box abandoned in the street a month ago, it had a several eye infection, his eyes were covered by some thick yellow thing and he couldn't open his eyes for days. The vet gave us medicine and we keep cleaning his little eyes everyday with baby wet tissues until he totally recover and now has handsome healthy eyes!

kisufaia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just brought in a tabby with what looks like an almost identical infection as the small tabby that you brought in from the barn... Could you please tell me what medication that you gave that kitten? I can't afford to take it to the vet, but I don't want to just turn her lose and have her lose her eye... Please let me know what eye drops to get.
Thank you!!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just brought in a tabby with what looks like an almost identical infection as the small tabby that you brought in from the barn... Could you please tell me what medication that you gave that kitten? I can't afford to take it to the vet, but I don't want to just turn her lose and have her lose her eye... Please let me know what eye drops to get.
Thank you!!
Terramycin eye ointment can be ordered online as long as you are not in CA, where they require a prescription.

It's critical that the eye is kept clean so it stays open and the discharge is able to drain out.

Soft damp warm cloth held on the crust for a minute then allow it to soften then gently swipe clean.

Then apply the ointment, 2-3 times a day.

Last edited: