Too many kittens! Long, sorry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We still have six! I'm finally relaxing enough to get a good look at them (other than weights and health), and geez, they are cute!
All little tabbies, two marbeled, and right now, they are really high contrast, black blacks and white whites. I'll get some pictures tonite.

Now I just have to start conning my friends and aquaintances into taking them.

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so pleased momma has settled and the rest of the babies seem to be doing ok.

Good luck!!

Can't wait to see pics and hear futher updates.

Emma x x

katiekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She keeps scattering them randomly around the room.
I'll hear one crying loudly and go in, and she's tucked one under the dresser, or on the bed, under the desk, and once, in a toy bus. It's starting to be amusing, but I have to check really often to make sure no one is forgotten. All the babes are gaining weight and have round little tummies.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats wonderful that everyone is doing okay right now! I am sorry for your loss of the two kittens, but maybe it was for the better. Especially since she new that they wern't strong enough to make it. I hope you continure to have good luck from now on!

katiekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So far, so good...

A couple are definitely pulling away from the others in weight gain, but everyone is doing well. Mama is comfortable around our older kitten and let him come in and see the babies. He's six months old and bigger than Mama. Anyway, he started helping her clean them and was a good babysitter for a couple of days. Today, I caught him trying to move one. I don't know where he was going or why, but he's been banned from the kitten room.

katiekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been busy, but I wanted to update...

Mama is successfully raising the remaining six kittens. One is smaller than the rest, but he's hanging in there. Every so often, I grab the three largest for some socializing while the three smallest nurse.

Their eyes started to open three-four days ago, but not without some trouble. (I swear, none of the litters I've helped with have had this many issues...I don't want to do this again...but I will, because I'm a sucker...) One opened both eyes for a day, then they sealed shut again. A day later, another did the same thing. I started medicating them, and the next day two more did the same thing in only one eye. After two days of meds and cleaning, all of them have stopped crusting shut and they're looking less inflamed. I'm medicating everyone, just to be safe.

I haven't formally sexed everyone yet, but just from a random sampling, I think I have an abundance of boys. Yay, boys. Cheaper to neuter.

Our own older kitten is still kitnapping them from time to time. Mama lets him as long as he doesn't leave the room. We only leave their room open when we're nearby, so Mama can have a break, so he's well supervised. He goes in, grabs a kitten, takes it a few feet from the box and lays down with it. He cleans its bottom, face, tummy...and then just lays with it. They, of course, look for a nipple.
He was neutered today, and when he came home, the first thing he did was check on 'his' kittens. Sometimes, he'll just lay in the box with all of them. It'd be an adorable little family picture if he were older than six months.
I've been calling Mama 'Mrs. Robinson.'

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How wonderful that the little family is doing well!! It made me chuckle to hear you describe your little stay-at-home-surrogate-daddy. What a sweet story!
Any pictures?

Devlyn