Too Many Cats To Adopt Stray

TooManyCats1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me and my family are already the proud owners of two lovely cats, both 2 years old, and recently one of our neighbors died of old age leaving behind a beautiful and well cared for cat. This cat has been wandering from house to house for meals and love, but we cant take on another cat because of the size of our house.

In any other case we would call the RSPCA and have them pick it up. It would probably be put down the week after. In this case, the household consensus is that it's too beautiful, well mannered and obviously pure-bred. It looks like a Bengal x Abyssinian breed with emerald green eyes and not even very old, maybe 7 or 8. We all think that this cat deserves better, but can't think of how.

Any ideas on how we can help the little feller out?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the same situation here in Nebraska. We are remodeling a house and a beautiful spayed tabby has been hanging around the neighborhood looking for handouts. (she hasn't had kittens in a year) she did have a home with some renters down the block, they moved and left her. Now that it is getting cold here, I am trying to find her a home. It is like trying to get rid of zucchini! i'm offering incentives, a heated bed, food and a litter box. You might try what I have been doing, getting on the radio on those buy and sell programs and explaining your cat's situation. I am seeing about an ad in the local paper too. Print up ads and hang them on grocery store bulletin boards and laundry mats. Get all the places you can to hang it where people congregate. Ask around, ask people in the neighborhood. i have an older lady across the street who said she would love to have her but she goes on vacation every year. I am going to talk to her and see if I could come and take care of her for her since we are in the same city. Please keep us notified what you find successful, it helps!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you take the cat in temporarily until a permanent home is found? It's sad that the cat is wandering the neighborhood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TooManyCats1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What part of the world do you live
I live in Australia, Sydney, Darlinghurst. It's a tricky area for knocking on people's doors as most are either wary or who you should be wary of, however much the place is improving.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in Australia, Sydney, Darlinghurst. It's a tricky area for knocking on people's doors as most are either wary or who you should be wary of, however much the place is improving.
I asked because you mentioned RSPCA and I wondered if you lived in the UK. Can't help as you live in Australia sorry but hopefully someone might be able to. It would be such a shame if the poor cat can't get help.