Tomorrow

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You'll be in my thoughts!

Even though what you're getting done sounds awful, I'm sure everything will be ok. (Easy for me to say!). It's simply astounding what medical science can safely and successfully do nowadays. Sometimes, the thought of the procedure is worse than the actual reality of it, from what I've heard. And, the doctor has to cover his/her butt by telling you every little thing that can go wrong; it doesn't mean it happens often, or at all.

Keep us posted?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i can understand, first time i had to be knocked out, i was realliy uptight.
its not as bad as sounds.

I hope that everything goes well, i would be willing to bet you will be feeling just fine a couple of days after.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had heart surgery, just a couple of hip operations...but I was worried about General anesthesia as well, and it was nothing. It was actually very relaxing, and you're all warm and comfy when you wake up.
Best of luck & vibes for tomorrow.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The anestesia should be a piece of cake hon- please do not worry over it! Just think of it as a good time for you to relax a little and take a nap while the doctors work to make you feel better
I've been put under 5 times for different surgeries/procedures and was just fine! It's really nothing to worry about- ask them to use a butterfly needle if needles scare you- it's not that bad!

I have no doubt you'll be in good hands. Hang in there! I'm sure it must be a little scarry- but please know you have all of us sending tons of vibes your way that everything goes well!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you're afraid but it's natural. I hope everything goes wonderfully and that you'll feel better soon. for a healthy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had my 1 week checkup at the cardiologist today. They did an echo and EKG. My doctor said that everything was normal and I look great!
I'm having some chest pain though. My doctor said that it was due to inflammation around my lungs from the procedure and that it would go away. I'm still having migraines though.
I didn't ask the doctor about them because it's not like they can just take the device out. It's a part of my heart now. Hopefully my headaches will get better soon.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

I had my 1 week checkup at the cardiologist today. They did an echo and EKG. My doctor said that everything was normal and I look great!
I'm having some chest pain though. My doctor said that it was due to inflammation around my lungs from the procedure and that it would go away. I'm still having migraines though.
I didn't ask the doctor about them because it's not like they can just take the device out. It's a part of my heart now. Hopefully my headaches will get better soon.
That is great. When I had my surgery (totally different, but there was inflammation...) I noticed sort of a magic effect about 10 days after the surgery where the pain and inflammation went down significantly.