tomorrow is my 50th birthday

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
View attachment 446793

sunday me, the hubs and some friends are going to applebee's to celebrate my birthday ... im having a lot of mixed thoughts about being 50 right now
It is scary, but you are still ok. It’s after 55 you have the following. Never look in a mirror in sunlight. Accept the fact that you won’t get into those clothes again. Realize that just smelling food will cause weight gain. Your good arm will become your bad arm, thereby making you bad arm your good arm. If your car breaks down or you get a flat, nobody will help you. People will call you ma’am.
You are still young. The good thing that comes with age is wisdom and confidence. There is also the benefit of really not caring what others think. It is very liberating. Oh, and don’t forget that soon you will have senior discounts to look forward to!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
strider rose strider rose I'll be 40 in a few weeks, and while it's a milestone I'm not exactly thrilled about, I'm actually kind of looking forward to it in a way. My 30s have not been the best years of my life. I'm ready to put them behind me.
When I was in my late 20's, I was terrified of turning 30. 30 sounded "old." When I turned 30, I realized I felt no different, acted no different, looked no different, and still liked the same things I liked in my 20's.
Happy birthday, and I hope you have a great day tomorrow! :hugs:
1680313289665.png

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 70 and recently widowed, searching for a way to go back to college without incurring ruinous debt. And I recently noticed something that I already knew, but had forgotten: I like the person I am now. I'd much rather be the 70 year old me, with all the struggles that entails, than the 30 year old me-that-was.

Happy birthday. Celebrate it. Celebrate yourself. :bday::woo::party:

Margret

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
misty8723 misty8723 yeah i feel like i have earned this and i dont feel any different just having a different problem currently and need someone to talk to about it
50 is very far back in my rear view mirror. Sorry you are having problems. I don't think there's ever a time when there aren't problems.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday!!

I know I’m a little weird but I was happy to turn 40. My bestie is finishing her 4th round/3rd recurrence with cancer after losing both her parents to it at a young age. Its kept me very level headed about those age numbers. It is a strange feeling, feeling like I finally am a real, bonafide adult. :lol: I had this relief feeling like since I’m in my 40s; my baby making years are behind me. But of course now one of my friends is expecting not just a surprise baby but a total shock one because she was told she went into menopause early and her boyfriend was assumed sterile because he never got anyone else pregnant. So yeah; that brought reality back into focus.:lol: I mean I know several people who have had babies after 40; so it didn’t make sense logically but inside I felt that chapter close and I’m good with that. It was a little liberating for me.

I didn’t want a big to do over 40 (one of my friends had a formal party…gowns, updos and all:nervous:) because we were in a stressful time. But it turned out to be what I needed when they surprised me with one. My dad, stepmom, and cousin came with her family and I absolutely burst into tears. I am NOT a public crier. Thats a testament to where I was emotionally. I’m saying all that to say; rolling with it all turned out good. I didn’t know I needed it. And I hope your celebration tomorrow is wonderful and the positive light you need in the midst of other problems. Enjoy your day because the problems will probably be there later. But today and tomorrow they can go on the shelf.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
the problem i was having was one of the hub's ex girlfriends just out of the blue contacted him and it had me feeling like she was up to something :dizzycat: