Tom cat keeps beating up my cat.

Diagnous

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the past year this cat harrasses my female cat that is fixed. The cat even comes in my house and has biten clawed at my feet while I was sleeping. Last month she left my cat not being able to walk for two weeks but luckily she got better. Acouple of nights ago this cat got her again and she is now not able to walk again. Her back leg is swollen and I think it is fractured or broken. I can't afford a vet. Does anyone have any advise please.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What kind of arrangement/set up do you have that allows this tom near your cat, much less you?

Your cat needs to be confined now in an area where you can watch her, keep this tom cat from her, and that does not allow a lot of free movement to see if that can help her heal. If she has open wounds, that is another matter to be considered, as she could likely get an infection.

Not knowing where you are located, I would suggest you find some sort of animal control group that you can contact about this tom. I would also suggest you find some local low-cost establishments that might take a look at your cat and treat her, if at all possible. We can try to help in these regards if you let us know where you are located.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Diagnous

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm in Phoenix Arizona. I have a kitty door that was open all the tine now I keep it shut at night and when I'm gone.
she is such a good cat and loves to catch lizards bugs anything that moves and minds her own business in my backyard.
she loves to be outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Diagnous

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What kind of arrangement/set up do you have that allows this tom near your cat, much less you?

Your cat needs to be confined now in an area where you can watch her, keep this tom cat from her, and that does not allow a lot of free movement to see if that can help her heal. If she has open wounds, that is another matter to be considered, as she could likely get an infection.

Not knowing where you are located, I would suggest you find some sort of animal control group that you can contact about this tom. I would also suggest you find some local low-cost establishments that might take a look at your cat and treat her, if at all possible. We can try to help in these regards if you let us know where you are located.
I put my replay in the wrong area but anyways I'm in Phoenix Az. I have a kitty door open now shut when I'm gone She loves to catch the birds lizards or anything that moves and loves it outside. I tried to send a picture of her back leg so someone can look at it but it says it is too long...I will keep trying.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeby is right. This is one big reason I don't have a pet door they attract other animals into the house and also provide an easy entry point for burglers.

I would remove the pet door and just let your cat out on a leash or in an enclosure.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If there is any way that you can alter the use of the pet door, I agree that it might solve your problems. A few weeks ago just west of here, a coyote entered through a pet door.