Tolly and Queen Eva, playing already

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, I'm so glad the integration is moving along so well. Lucky you

Jennie sounds alot like Callie. She would sit there growling and grooming at the same time while "the boys" watched her, then she'd run away.

Oh...I just read page 2 of the posts and read how Tolly is sick today and Queen Eva is watching over him. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I think they're going to be best buddies, don't you?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, poor Mr. Tolly.. I hope he feels better soon! Nice that he's got a little nurse to looks after him. Too sweet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly is still feeling pretty sorry for himself, and sleeping in his Sick/Safe Spot under my bed. No food for him tonight, though he does have to have his phenobarbital, and I will give him a little more probios, too.

I can give him some sub q fluids if I think he's getting too dehydrated, but he's not that bad off yet.

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, my favorite color combination!
What a striking "Halloween pair" you have there! Jack and Sophie-Ann approve of this thread!

Such a shame that Tolly's sick, though, right when he's enjoying his new playmate - but how sweet that little Eva is already so attached to him, and so concerned! Something tells me that Tolly and The Queen are going to be especially close!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

(for sound effects, you have to imagine Tolly saying mrrrUP with each jump he made)
So he's one of those cats who trill as they play?

Flambe does that, and he can't figure out why he can't sneak up on anyone.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

So he's one of those cats who trill as they play?

Flambe does that, and he can't figure out why he can't sneak up on anyone.
YES!
Tolly can't do anything without telling us all about it.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by at129

Oh, my favorite color combination!
What a striking "Halloween pair" you have there! Jack and Sophie-Ann approve of this thread!

Such a shame that Tolly's sick, though, right when he's enjoying his new playmate - but how sweet that little Eva is already so attached to him, and so concerned! Something tells me that Tolly and The Queen are going to be especially close!
Aren't they just?
Tolly was feeling poorly enough yesterday that he did not want any more of her ministrations, so she turned to Mazy cat for Games, and since then she and Mazy have been thundering through the house playing Chase Me Chase You at any oppourtunity.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

Wow, I'm so glad the integration is moving along so well. Lucky you

Jennie sounds alot like Callie. She would sit there growling and grooming at the same time while "the boys" watched her, then she'd run away.
hehehe Growling and grooming!

Oh...I just read page 2 of the posts and read how Tolly is sick today and Queen Eva is watching over him. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I think they're going to be best buddies, don't you?
I really do. Tolly is a cuddler and he misses that, with Ootay gone. Mazy gets more and more willing to sleep in a pile with him in the cold months, but still none of that heart shaped face to face cuddling. I think he will have that with Queen Eva. I think he knows Ootay sent her to us.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Thanks for looking everyone. Queen Eva is just a joy. Tolly loves her. Mazy is coming around. Jennie is still cursing and swearing but Queen Eva figured out pretty quick that Jennie's potty mouth doesn't mean anything.
I love hearing kitty cussing! Our gang does that from time to time. They backtalk (or backmeow?), too. If we tell them "no" about something, they'll walk away, muttering to themselves. And then we say, "No backtalk! And stop kitty-cussing!"

Eva is fitting in with the rest of the gang.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww they are just meant to be best friends. I have a pair that look just like them that are best buddies too (Spooky and Mulder, although Spooky is bigger than The Queen!)!!!!

They are so super cute together and the playing must be so much fun to watch! I hope Tolly feels better soon!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This entire thread has cracked me up! I hope you're able to get to more photos - they are just SO PRECIOUS!

I, too, hope Tolly's back to 100% soon!

BTW - all of ours were feral rescues, and none of them talked. Well - Lazlo did sometimes, that's why his family abandoned him (our speculation) when they went on excursion. But he didn't talk much (just to the aliens in the middle of the night - he was clearly communicating with the mother ship!). ...until Flowerbelle came. Our deaf little girl "taught" everyone to talk. HER talking is the incredibly cute chirping and trilling. Everyone else squeaks.

But I don't think I've ever heard a cat cussing. I can see it being totally hysterical! Especially if it's all just "talk."