Toilet Training my Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Day 86

here is a picture of bonkers peeing. he is captured by my motion detector device. it senses when the kittens enter the washroom and alerts me with a ringing sound.

today i though i'd take the insert and stepping stool away and see what happened. the kittens were initially skeptical at first and did not do there usual morning pee. i thought i'd come home from work with pee in the shower and poop behind the toilet but instead i was greeted by kittens eagerly waiting to please me. i am so proud of them. the kittens have sucessfully went pee and poop on the pottypal alone. there is now NO LITTER at all. NO cleanup either. the kittens aim so well that nothing touches the seat. only a weekly wipe down required.

and what about flushing? that's taken care of too.
i'm getting an automatic flusher. this one: http://www.touchfreeconcepts.com/pro...tank-flush.php. i hope to have this in a few weeks.

they're now trained to use the toilet. i'll keep monitering and giving regular rewards as per usual for the next month, then start weaning off the rewards for peeing, then for pooping. tinkerbell may need a little extra weaning time, but that's okay.

until the next update

nonstop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the detailed thread, this was a great read. I should be in bed but I couldn't pull myself away! Congrats on the progress you certainly deserve it after all that work!

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have thoroughly enjoyed following your toilet training thread and congratulate you and your kits on a job well done!

Thaks for the video. Very well done!

k kat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been thinking of trying to toilet train my Maine Coon kitten who will be arriving in just under two weeks. How did the automatic flusher work out for you? Would you recommend starting them on toilet training as kittens or when they are older? Thanks!!

bowensc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had a bit of trouble training my cat, Eli. We bought a citi kitty last year and the system worked great, and I generally don't have a problem with him, but every now and again, he poops in the tub. The problem is remedied if I leave some water in the tub.

I was just wondering if any other toilet trainers have had this problem and what they've done about it?