Toilet Paper

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Tweety only unrolls it every once in a while when she is mad at me for not letting her out (we used to come home from overnight visits to an unrolled pile of paper in the floor
). She also used to do it when we wouldn't let her out all day because of bad weather- but she'd wait until we went to bed and we'd hear "Whumpity, whumpity, whumpity" coming out of our bathroom. "Bird! Cut that out!" And the even better part was, I couldn't use it- I finally figured out that it was what was giving me bladder infection symptoms
!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had kittens fillet a multipack of t-paper once...and I'm so cheap that I used it anyhow. So instead of wiping with paper, we had a sort of confetti! LOL!

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Midir loves toilet paper, when he first came home, he shredded one roll after another until I read somewhere that if you put the roll upside down on the dispenser, they won't play with it anymore. So now I always put the toilet paper on the dispenser so that you pull the paper from underneath the roll, not from the top ... and it worked for us, he no longer plays with the toilet paper ... so long as you don't leave a case of it sitting out on the floor

galt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What should I do? Riley recently discovered an apparently fun activity which involves him sitting on the toilet, placing his front paws on the toilet paper roll, and unraveling it into a shredded pile on the floor.
It's very annoying; how can I teach him not to do this? Any ideas?

shanghaic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat usually does that with the tissues in a box, I will wake up and find the entire contents shredded on the table, she sometimes uses it as a nest to sleep in, the one time my boyfriend left his cap lying on the table and she managed to stuff it full of tissues and curled up into it, it was the cutest thing. We started turning the box upside down and that seems to work fine.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout will attack the toilet paper as I'm *ahem* removing a peice from the roll for use. She waits for me to start taking a piece off and then pounces on it, trying to rip it out of my hands. She does this every day, I think its a game to her.