Toilet Paper

subconsciousme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our lovely near 2-year old feline, Maddie, has taken to destroying toilet paper recently. Entire rolls while it is on the roll on the wall. She shreds most of it so there is no saving it either. We buy the expensive stuff too (ahhh!).

Any ideas how to fix this? It usually happens in the guest bathroom, while we are not home, so we would prefer to find a way to fix it without putting it in a cabinet. Like a cover while it is on the toilet paper roll.

Ideas?

She's adorable but man this is gonna get expensive quickly.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I had to take my paper off the wall and put it high where my cat can't reach it.

someone made a box to hide their paper on the wall which I thought was a clever idea too

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that problem with one of my cats but she seemed to grow out of it.  Your cat is almost 2 so I'd think she would be past that stage. Maybe a decorative cover for it would help.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my kitties no longer bothers the TP - it was an easy fix for me, though. I turned it around so that the "loose end" was facing the inside, therefore she had no incentive to unroll it. Any chance you'd be so lucky that it would work for you also? :lol3:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
One of my kitties no longer bothers the TP - it was an easy fix for me, though. I turned it around so that the "loose end" was facing the inside, therefore she had no incentive to unroll it. Any chance you'd be so lucky that it would work for you also?

I wish that was my problem, lol. Monet would just chew the paper.. doesn't matter if he can unroll it or not!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

subconsciousme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, we've tried everything when it comes to roll direction, etc.

Since we rent, we cannot easily change the toilet paper dispenser. I've seen many on Amazon but they require changing the entire dispenser which is impossible.

It's so maddening.

I love our babies but I'm ready for her to grow out of it now.

;-)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I once had a kitty that was a TP roll destroyer too. We installed that TP holder with the metal flap over the top of the roll. Worked great. OR just keep the door closed to that bathroom when you are not home :clap: :wavey: