Toddler with facial paralysis

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its 4 am. I live with my niece and her child. She rushed the baby to the hospital for partial facial paralysis.

My sister of course immediately says it might be due to my cats (or my nieces dog that has fleas/ticks they keep him in the garage). They usually blame the pets any time anything goes wrong health wise.

They claim we have fleas in the house and yet I never see them on the cat's. I check them with a flea comb.

Does anyone know what can be causing this? I saw so many things online. I did see that ticks cause lyme disease that can cause facial paralysis. Im waiting to find out more once everyone wakes up.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just heard from my niece. Ear infection and meningitis.

Im worried, how can we know if the baby is allergic to the cats and its causing all these issues? I have allergies too and have gotten ear infections from being congested.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Just heard from my niece. Ear infection and meningitis.

Im worried, how can we know if the baby is allergic to the cats and its causing all these issues? I have allergies too and have gotten ear infections from being congested.
They can take baby to an allergist. Why do they think the cats have caused
the meningitis? Ear infections are quite common in infants.Please keep us
updated. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can take baby to an allergist. Why do they think the cats have caused
the meningitis? Ear infections are quite common in infants.Please keep us
updated. :hugs:
They tend to blame the cats for any health issues the baby has. My sister is going to check to see how she's showering the baby and how the baby drinks milk. To see if that's affecting things.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
They tend to blame the cats for any health issues the baby has. My sister is going to check to see how she's showering the baby and how the baby drinks milk. To see if that's affecting things.
Good idea. My great-nephew had an issue with soaps. He is 4 now and has outgrown it.