Today's the day!!! (kittens!!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are fun, in a masochistic sort of way!!!

Today I was sitting on the couch and Katie jumped up onto the cushion next to me. Then she climbed up onto my shoulder and then my chest. She buried her little head under my chin and put her little front legs on either side of my neck and started to knead and purr! Spencer not to be left out, came up too. Katie moved off to the left a little and curled up on my left shoulder/chest, and Spencer on my right. Abby was on the cushion on the back of the couch. It was a great moment! The kittens stayed there for all of about 5 minutes, which is the longest I've seen them sit in one spot!!

They also found the water fountain early last week when they were out exploring. I had to put one of those puppy pads under it because they seem to like to play and splash in the water.
It's a good thing that fountain is easy to clean!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sound fun, even funner that they are with you! LOL!

Watch the fountain, I've heard of cats flipping them over and the motor dying. I doubt they are playing with that bad though.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning after Abby got her cuddles and brushes while I was in the bathroom, she went and lounged in the hall outside the door.

Katie is the mischievous one of the 2 kittens, she came out of the bedroom and saw Abby laying there and took a flying leap and pounced on Abby. Abby was totally shocked! She sat up and it took a second for her to figure out what happened. So after a pause and a stare, she hissed at Katie.

Katie went around the tipped over plastic trash can, and peeked around it thinking that that was fun and and that she should do it again. But Abby didn't give her a chance. She got up and wandered away into the living room, glaring at Katie as she went!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The vet estimated their birthday at September 18, 2010. So they're still little but growing!
Cool. They were born on my 51st birthday.

Keep the stories coming - they're great!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today we had some kitty boxing! Spencer and Katie were trying to play with the same toy. They ended up sitting on their bums and slapping each other in the head!
Then they ran off rolling and tumbling together as they went.

Abby was on her favourite spot on the couch, and Katie went to the open window behind Abby. Abby stretched her neck and actually sniffed at Katie...her nose touched her. And neither Katie or Abby moved away.

I'm still playing "Guess the kitty!" Just when I think I've got it figured out, I find out I'm wrong!

I notice that when Spencer is walking around looking for someone, he makes a cooing sound. Katie is pretty quiet but has a purr like a lawn mower.

Spencer likes to be held like a baby on his back and having his tummy rubbed. Of the 2 he is the most social. Katie is too, but she is very hyper and won't sit still for very long before she wants to get on with playing. Spencer will sit with me for several minutes and last night he actually curled up on top of me and slept on my chest with his head against mine. I fell asleep so I don't know how long he stayed like that. I hope he does it again tonight

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had play!!!

I didn't get home from work until later tonight because I had a meeting after work. The kittens have been going crazy for the last couple hours, running and jumping. They've spilled their toy basket all over the living room!! Messy kitties

Anyway, just a short while ago Spencer took off after Abby. I have hardwood floors so to go from zero to 60 requires a bit of running in place!!
Eventually Abby found her footing and took off into the kitchen with Spencer hot on her tail.

The next thing I see is Spencer running back out with Abby chasing him!

Spencer jumped up onto and then over the couch, and Abby jumped onto the couch and laid down. Now at the same time Katie was crouching on the arm of the couch on the opposite side to where Abby was laying, so Abby didn't see her.

The next thing Spencer jumped back onto the couch cushion and started to play with Abby's tail. Well Abby had enough of little Spencer so she bopped him on the head, but no hissing. He ran off onto the back of the couch and to the cat tree.

Katie decided to move at this point and jumped down onto the floor.

Poor Abby! She hadn't notice Katie there so she looked really confused!
She was sure she saw Spencer go away, but here is the grey kitten yet again! How did he get there!!!??

The kittens have been tag teaming poor Abby. They have both been running circles around the couch and sneaking up on Abby. And then breaking up and each going around the other direction so they come up on the opposite ends of the couch. Abby is running back and forth looking over the ends of the couch for kittens!!!
She has her "play face" on. Big eyes, whiskers forward, ears back....no aggression there at all!!!

No cuddling let. However, yesterday we did have some bum-to-bum contact! Abby was on my right side getting cuddles. She likes to lay with her back side to me so that when I stretch out my arm I can scratch her neck/chin/head. Spencer decided he wanted in, so he shoved his way in between me and Abby. I felt my way down Abby's back to find out how close Spencer was. His back end was only a few inches from Abby. Then Abby stretched out a little and so did Spencer. They ended up with their back ends touching, so I managed to go from stroking one to stroking the other without even a break in between! I was so proud of my beautiful girl and my baby boy!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can just imagine Abby's dismay at seeing Katie pop out at her when she'd just sent Spencer running!

I'm just all smiles - this is GREAT!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really see Abby warming up to them!

Today when I got home from work, Abby was extra eager to give me attention. Seems her dish was empty! Spencer and Katie seem to like her food more than their own food
I still have kitten chow out for them in a spot where Abby can't get to it, and I do see them going to eat it, but they really do prefer her Cat Chow.

When I filled her dish, Spencer came and nosed in, Abby didn't move away or get angry, she just moved over and was going to eat from the edge of the dish. I moved Spencer away so that Abby could enjoy her dinner in peace.

Also, tonight Abby played with Spencer's tail for a minute. He was on the chair with his tail dangling, and Abby swatted it a few times

And Abby was draped across my chest and shoulder getting lovings. Katie decided that she wanted some too so she approached me from the other side, behind Abby. Katie laid down, also on top of me. Abby saw her and let her be for about 30 seconds. Then decided it was too crowded and moved over to the table and left Katie to get some lovings.

So it's all working out so well!