Todays radio question: 08/11/05

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

If you drink a coke WARM instead of COLD, it makes your burps about 5 times as powerful
. I can't explain why, but it really does. When I get home from the grocery store, I'm impatient so I can't always wait for my soda to get cold in the fridge and I drink it warm sometimes.
(that's how I discovered the secret power of the "warm coke burps") LOL!
That is soo true, also if you drink coke cold it gives you tiny burpies lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

No. It's not appropriate in my opinion.

Beth mentioned it was acceptable in some countries. Maybe that side of the family came from one of those countries?
Well Chris, my ex sis is Italian, and her parents and grandparents came from Italy.....maybe it's accepted over there???? Does anyone know?

katielv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It really depends on a person. My best friend will burp in front of everyone all the time. Her bf used to be the same way. Imagine being around them. And then my hubby will never burp unless it's an accident. Whenever my best friend burps in front of him he just calls her a pig. And she defends herself by saying "Whatever is natural, can't be ugly" So I really don't think it's such a big deal, but personally I would never do it in public.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't burp in public because I was raised not to. I have a friend that will burp in public and I kind of love that about her.
She doesn't care what anyone thinks. One time we were in front of my house talking and she let out a REALLY long, loud one (she wouldn't do that in public but we didn't think anyone was around) and one of my neighbors started clapping.
I was like, "I just want you to know that wasn't me, that was her!"

I only think it's rude when people make a big deal out of it--especially guys. Like it's some sort of accomplishment that they can let out gas. I think that's gross. Also when people burp around people they don't know and don't say excuse me.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I burp when I have to burp. Period. On first dates, that's how I judge the guy. If he laughs -- he's OK. If he is offended, I won't date him again.

The coolest guys rate me and belch right back!

I don't burp in nice restaurants, but I don't GO to nice restaurants.